Chapter 3

*Chapter 3*

Stacy's POV

Leaving him there with a broken look on his face was the hardest thing I've ever had to do. When telling him that I was pregnant with someone else's pup, I saw the anger that flashed through his eyes, but the heart broken "why?' that came out, was something I couldn't answer, because I didn’t know the answer myself. I should have just saved myself for my mate. Bringing me out of my thoughts was my wolf screaming at me to go back to our mate and comfort him. How could I? When I just rejected him and I had no other choice since I was ordered by Jason to reject him and not to speak to him again after that.

How did everything go so wrong? I was sitting in class when I looked over to Sophia. She looked like someone just died. I wonder what has got her so down. We were never really good friends but we weren’t enemies. The only time we actually talked was when Jason was around. I was about to get up and ask her what was wrong when the bell rang signaling for class to begin.

~~~~~~~

Jason's POV

I saw Stacy go into the empty room with Antonio. I know how hard it is to reject your mate, so I just waited outside the door, just to make sure she said it. I was so excited to find out that Sophia was my mate but I knew that I wanted to raise my child with a steady home and not a broken one; they will be the future alpha of this pack after all. I know I sound like an asshole but I didn’t want Sophia hurt like that by my actions of having to watch me love and treat another girl’s pup the way I should only care about mine and Sophia's pups. Walking to lunch, I saw Sophia walking with her best friend Sarah. I'm pretty sure she was explaining to Sarah about the rejection the way Sarah was glaring at me. If looks could kill I’m pretty sure my grave would have been in the middle of the earth's core by the way Sarah was glaring at me.

Deep inside my wolf was screaming at me to run to her and take it all back. But I knew that I couldn’t she won’t forgive me for what I said to her. The way she so easily accepted the rejection confused me to no end and cut me deep but not as deep as I cut her. Even though she accepted it I still felt how depressed and sad she was after everything I said. She may have pretended not to care but I can still feel her through the mate bond.

~~~~~~~

Sophia's POV

"So??" Sarah asked while leaving third period on the way to meet Antonio for lunch.

"So I found my mate." I said dejected.

"Why aren't you happy and with him right now? Who is he?" She asked joyfully slowly realizing how sad I was. I saw the moment she finally understood, but I still needed to say it out loud.

"It's Jason, and because he rejected me." I say in monotone with my eyes on the floor as if it was the most interesting thing in the world at this moment.

"Wait, why would he do that?" I could see her glaring at someone from the corner of my eye but couldn't bother looking to see who it was. But I could tell from the heat from the gaze it was Jason.

"It really is not my place to say the reason, but the he said it’s because I wasn't good enough for him." I finally say looking up to see Jason walk past us, most likely to meet Stacy at her class before lunch.

"Are you serious I ought to rip his head off!" replied an angry Ant (Antonio). His eyes turning black while beginning to shake uncontrollably. When he got here, I'm not really sure, but I knew if he didn’t calm down soon he was going to change into his honey brown wolf and no one could stop what he did next. "No Ant, its ok I'm fine just calm down please. Can we just leave the school and take the rest of the day off? Just you and me Ant I don't think I could handle anyone else.