Chapter 10

*Chapter 10*

3 weeks later.

Jason's POV

I didn't get much sleep last night from the nightmares I had of Sophia laying somewhere dead and not knowing where she is, it was the worst dream I had yet. I was running through the woods when I heard her scream for me. I tried to find her but the voice was coming from all around me. I didn't know which way to go. Then from the corner of my eye I saw her laying in a clearing with her blood covering the snow around her. She kept asking me why I didnt come sooner. Her last words before I woke up were "This is all your fault. I will never forgive you!"

I woke up nearly in tears I had to get it off my mind so I decided to go for a run in my wolf form. We ran for about and hour before I found a clearing that resembled the one in my dream. I couldn't help but wonder if it was a dream or a warning of what was to come.

~~~

Standing in front of everyone, I can't help but feel like a huge failure. I rejected my mate and I'm marrying another alpha's mate. What would everyone think if they knew the truth. Antonio is on his way to Texas with Damon's remains. My docotr's did all they could do, but it was no use in the end. Antonio did seem a bit to antsy to leave, I guess I will find out why when he gets back. I search the whole crowd hoping to see the face I haven't seen in almost six months. It was no use I barely caught a glimpse of her parents menacing glares before the wedding march started.

I glance back down the isle to see Stacy walking toward me. In her satin strapless sweet heart bodice organza ball gown skirt with beaded embroidery, and a 10 foot chapel train. The exact way she described it for the past two nights. She finally reaches me with a smile on her face and tears in her eyes. Our outdoor wedding was what I always picture doing with my mate. I guess not all dreams come true though, Im happy I got it with someone I really love, even if its not Sophia.

"Do you Jason take Stacy to..." The minister continued on while I was in my thoughts.

"I do." I replied looking into Stacy's eyes wishing deperately for Sophia's.

"Do you Stacy..." I tuned him out for the rest untill Stacy spoke.

"I do." She replied with a sad smile on her face.

We celebrated our reception with everyone from our pack and Toni's pack. Toni left this morning to escort Damon's body home safely. I'm sure he wouldn't have come if he was here anyway. I mean who wants to see their mate marry someone else.

We danced until it was time to leave around 11:30. We got into the car and headed for the airport. Heading to Italy with Sophia would have been the best honeymoon trip because she loves to travel but going there with Stacy didn't seem right.

Spending one week with just the two of us was either going to make our relationship better or kill it. Might as well keep my head up and look on the bright side. Atleast Sophia didn't have to go through the pain of watching me marry someone else.