Chapter 7

*Chapter 7*

Antonio POV

It has been a few days since I last talked to Damon concerning his suspicions about the rogues. My warriors and I have now joined Jason's pack in training. It was during middle of training that I felt a pain shoot through my body so excruciating that I fell over. About that time my wolf started whimpering calling out that his mate was in labor. After Jason noticed me on the ground with nothing physically wrong he ran back to the house to help Stacy and their pup. After my wolf realized that there wasn't anything he could do I shifted and ran to a small clearing in the woods.

‘How could she?’ My wolf whimpered.

‘I don’t know.’ I replied. ‘One day we will get through this I promise.’

‘I hope so.’ From sound where I heard a twig snap, I turned to see it was Damon coming toward me.

“What?” I asked a little too harshly.

Damon POV

After watching Jason take off to the pack house I barely had time to realize what was happening before Antonio shifted and ran. I followed after him finally understanding why their alliance was weak. I stepped into the clearing asking a question I already knew the answer to.

"She is your mate isn't she?"

Slowly turning to face me, he says with so much hate in his voice "Yes, she is but she rejected me because she was pregnant for him."

"Is that the reason why your alliance has weakened?"

"That is one of two reasons."

"Well what is the other?"

"I helped his true mate pack and leave. Because he rejected her the same day." He said turning around to face the opposite direction.

"Why did you help her?" I asked.

"Because before I found my mate, I grew deep feelings for her.  But also I was angry that he took my mate from me, so I sent his away.  But I truly regret it now; there isn’t a day that doesn't go by that I don't think of her, even though I know it should be my mate I think about, it isn't."

"Anyone would love Sophia and I can see that you won't hurt her."

"Of course I could never...Wait, how do you know her name?" He said quickly turning around to face me.

"Because when she went to visit her family, I was their Beta but passed my title, so I could come here to help Jason's pack to train. Let's go and see if the Luna and baby are ok."

As we start walking towards the pack house, six rogues come from the woods. Antonio and I got in our fighting stance just as the first two lounged toward us.

Deep inside I knew one of us wasn’t going to make it out of this alive.

‘Sophia, love forgives me.’ Was my last thought before the fight began.

Jason's POV

As I realized Antonio was fine, I immediately knew that his pain must be what he feels from Stacy. I knew in that moment that Stacy was going into labor. I ran back to the pack house searching for Stacy, when I arrived they said she had just come in from shopping for last minute baby items when her water broke. They already called the pack doctor and said he would arrive in a few minutes.

I waited by her side the whole time, part of me deep down wished it was Sophia I was sitting her next to. Stacy cried and curse through the whole delivery. After awhile the machines Stacy was hooked up to all started going off and making loud beeping noises. The doctor and nurses kicked me out saying that the needed me out of the way so they could figure out what was wrong with her and to see if the baby was ok.

As soon as Stacy delivered, the doctor said that the baby was fine, but that it was difficult on Stacy, being an unmated she wolf who gave birth to an alpha there were complications and she has gone into a coma that she might not wake up if she remains unmarked. So I did the only thing I could do to save the mother of my child. 'Forgive me Sophia' was my last thought before it happened.

~~~~~~~~

Sophia's POV

Bianca, Isabella, Jackie, Aunt Monica, and a few of the other pack member were enjoying a day at the beach when we got to the cars to leave my wolf started whimpering. When I would ask what was wrong all she was saying was 'No', 'Please No', and that she would never forgive him if he did it. Still unsure of what she was talking about, we arrived back at the pack house. As soon as we walked in the door, I felt it and knew this pain in my heart and where my mark should have been, was what she was talking about.

Falling to the Floor thinking this is it this is the end for me that’s all it could be. I started screaming out in pain. Joel was the first to get to my side. Asking what was wrong and why my shoulder was bleeding. I was unaware that I was bleeding until I looked down at it. The pain seemed to last hours, yet was only seconds.  My only thought before succumbing to darkness was "why did this happen to me?"

~~~~~~~~~~

Antonio POV

We finished off all the rogues except for two, Damon and I were still fighting, while the others ran to make sure there were no more hiding out in the trees, when I got a sharp indescribable pain in my chest that radiated from my Alpha mark. I looked over just in time to see Damon kill the rogue he was fighting and run to aid me just as the rogue I was fighting lounged for the final blow at me. Damon jumped in front of him taking the blow that should have been mine and would end his life or severely hurt him. Before he killed him.

Damon's last words before I passed out were running through my head as darkness surrounded me..........

"Take care of her. Below her feelings for him and I. I know she loves you. Anyone can see it in her eyes when she speaks of the pack she left and all her friends that she misses. Tell her I'm glad to have met her, but it is time I go and reunite with my mate."