Chapter 2

*Chapter 2*

Sophia’s POV

*Beep. Beep. Beep*

I reached over to turn off my alarm clock as I got out of bed. Today is Jason's and Antonio's birthday. Antonio is my other werewolf best friend who happens to be the future alpha of the Autumn Moon Pack the other pack in town. They both turn 16 today and find their mates. I silently hope Jason takes my advice and doesn’t reject his mate today because of Stacy.

As I finish doing my morning routine I decide to put on my purple and black striped off the shoulder shirt with black skinny jeans and all black Converse. I look in the mirror one last time. I have medium length black hair with dark brown eyes. I'm not skinny but I'm not over weight. I have curves in all the right places. My style has a hint of Goth in it but I am in no way Goth. I just prefer it over the skanky look that the cheerleaders and most girls wear in school.

I toss my hair into a messy bun before grabbing Jason's and Antonio's birthday gifts from my closet. Jason is getting the new pair of Jordan’s he has wanted to get since they came out last week. Antonio, I got a new sound system for his truck, his parents just brought him 2013 Chevy Silverado a month ago while he was away for the whole summer. But, he won’t be able to get installed until after school today before the party.

I rush down stairs to have breakfast with my parents, Kimberly and Lucian Vargez. My Parents are the couple you picture when you think of mates they only fight when comes down to my well being. My mom was always the free spirit, while my dad was always a strict follow the rules type but after he met mom she was a bit more down to earth while he was a little bit freer. They were each others ying and yang.

"Good morning, Honey" Mom says cheerily as I walk into the kitchen.

"Morning" I replied before asking, "Where is dad?"

"He was called in earlier for a meeting with the pack warriors. Something about the recent rogue sightings and doubling up the patrols and different things." She said.

"Oh is anything wrong?" I ask trying to mask the worry in my voice.

"No Dear, they most likely won’t come through here. But if they do you know the Alpha has all the guys training almost every other day. And everyone else trains every week. Don’t fret okay."

“I guess your right.”

“Oh honey don’t worry we will be fine. Hurry you don’t want to be late.”

After our short conversation I told my mom I was off to school. It only took my ten minutes to get to there in my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee. When I get to school, I didn’t have to search long to see girls crowded around Jason and Antonio's cars, probably just the pack sluts trying to see if they were lucky enough to get an Alpha for a mate but I highly doubt it. Sighing I made my way over to the groups.

I go up to Jason first pushing and stumbling my way through the crowd to give him his present. As I reach the front of the crowd toward him, he finally sees me and rushes past everyone and brings me in for a hug. When we touch I feel sparks everywhere. Startled by the sparks I jump back and everything that we talked about yesterday flashes through my mind. I look up into his ocean blue eyes, that I could barely see through his shaggy brown hair.  But as I notice my wolf saying 'MATE' I see he is talking, so when I finally listen to what he is saying I am only able to catch the last part of his rant.

"...I, Jason Grey, reject you, Sophia Vargez, as my mate." he says with a range of emotions in his eyes but I am barely able to recognize a few..... Love. Hurt. Anger.

"What? Wait, Why?" I said on the verge of letting all my tears fall. I thought he said he wouldn’t reject her. Maybe that was because it was the possibility of it being someone else.