Chapter 4

Chapter 4*

Alpha Paul (TX Pack)

After getting off the phone with my niece asking if she could join my pack for awhile because her mate rejected her I decided to call a pack meeting to inform they that she would be coming.

"Joel", I called for my son to let him know of the situation before the meeting.

"Yes, Dad?" Joel, my son that is a younger version of myself, with midnight black hair 6' 2" in height but with his mothers electric blue eyes while I have Honey Brown ones.

"Your cousin Sophia will be coming to stay with us for a while." I stated, trying to keep the anger out of my voice.

"Why is something wrong with their pack? I could take few-" I cut him off not wanting him to think the worse of the situation.

"NO, her mate is the future Alpha of their pack and he rejected her earlier today. He got another she-wolf pregnant." I say no longer able to hide how furious I was. "But I have decided to call a pack meeting to inform everyone about her and to begin preparations for her arrival."

“Yes father. When is she due to arrive?”

“She will be here sometime tomorrow.” I say walking out of my office to the back yard.

‘Pack meeting in ten minutes’ I say through the mind link.

As I notice all of my pack members are present I begin the meeting. “As everyone here knows I took over the pack from my father and I have a sister that left our pack to join with her mates pack. Well my sister and her mate had a daughter the last we saw her was two years ago when she came down for spring break. But the reason for this meeting is because my niece Sophia had found her mate earlier today but he was an alpha and got another she wolf pregnant before he found his true mate. She will be coming to stay with us for awhile she wants to be trained and be kept busy to keep her mind off of her mate for a while. I want everyone to welcome her with open arms. That is all.”

~~~~~~~

Joel's POV

After the pack meeting I needed time to calm down. Because hearing everything my father said that my cousin asked him to inform the pack of because she was unsure if she can relive it. I was angry with her mate, how do you do that to another? When she arrives, I will be sure to make sure she enjoys herself here and no longer has to worry about him.

I'm still surprised she asked my father if she could train with the warriors and me to keep her mind off him. He wasn't to sure but I helped talk him into it, using the excuse that she was an alpha female rejected or not and when she decides to go back, she will be able to kick his ass for rejecting her.

He reluctantly agreed, and then he added that I had to show and train her in the alpha duties if she ever wanted to accept her mate. Or, incase anything happened to either one of us before my mate could produce an heir for our pack that he would name her the alpha.

I decided the best way for her to meet the pack is through a welcoming party. I called dad to inform him of my plans and to ask him to let everyone know through the pack link.  While at the store I thought more and more about Sophia’s situation. How could a soon to be alpha reject his true mate? She told dad that only her parent knew where she was coming.

I got home with everything for the party and decided to put everything up. As I walked through the house I noticed all the pack members cleaning and getting ready for the arrival of Sophia. I knew then that I would have to try my hardest to be the best alpha because that’s what they deserve.