¤《Mid-day Pastries》¤

3rd pov》

Sam opened the shop again. The staff filled in a long line behind them shortly followed. Saturdays were busy, it's why Sam only kept shops open from 6-11 enough for people to eat and drink.

He wiped the counters down small sweat beads dripped from his forehead.

The man came in from the previous day.

"Hello." He said in a more cherry voice.

Sam looked up smiling.

"What can I get for you?"

"Uh the Sun Bean again please."

"No problem. "

Bucky walked over to his booth, he picked out a book from the wall.

101 ways to fix problems.

He grunted at the title and flipped it open.

1-3 common problems

4-8 Relationship problems and how to solve them.

9-10 Trust problems and how to overcome them.

"What a book."

"Here you go James." A lady set the coffee down, it had a small note written on it.

♡- ment to give this to you yesterday, but here's my number cute stuff. 678-453-8892.

"Excuse me Miss, I'm sorry but women are quite my area." He said a bit louder then he wanted to, he shyly stuck out his hand with the piece of paper in it.

"Sorry."

"You should be, such a waste for the lord to put your type of men on the planet." The girl hissed.

"That's enough Mary." Sam spoke from the counter.

"You'll be seeing me after hours, to discuss your work." He glared at Mary.

Sam apologized for her actions for everyone in the store. He crossed the room to Bucky's booth.

"This one taken?" Sam pointed to the empty spot.

Bucky looked up from the book.

"No, you can take it. You deserve a break on your feet."

They broke out into small talk, Sam gave James his name and told him basically his life story. He told him about his lover dying and all of the other old glory days out in the combat fields.

"You know that book you're reading is a good book, never thought it was true until I read it myself, now it seems I'm recommending it to everybody in town."

Bucky kept his stare, he looked down at his book and sipped his drink. Sam let out a sigh.

"Sorry James for Mary's actions. I didn't mean for it to happen. We tolerate no homophobia. Especially the owner of this place."

"Who's the owner of this place again?"

"Me, I don't tolerate any form of bullying. This is a safe spot for the unique and unusual. Being Bisexual I've been picked on many times."

"Oh.

Question,could you teach me how to make the mushrooms? I'll fully forgive you then."

"If that's what it takes. Here at 1 pm, I'll let you in."

Bucky grinned. Sam grabbed his book from the table and walked to the counter, he scanned the book and paid for it himself.

"Read that for me, tell me how you like it, bye James!" Sam yelled at him.

"Bye sam!"

--

"Mary please take a seat."

The lady took a seat, her purple coat hung around her shoulders.

"You know my policies and rules, due to your actions today, I'm going to have to fire you. Bullying and harassing innocent consumers is such a bad look not only for us but for you as a person. I hope you can find a new job and open your eyes to see that this world is waiting for you to do something great, but I'm afraid you won't be doing that here."

"But, but."

"No but's Mary, now see yourself to the doors."

Mary tossed her work keys down.

"I hope you and your boyfriend or whatever you two are get closer together, then I hope he dies. To make you feel pain like you have before."

"Good bye Mary."

Sam closed the doors. He checked his watch. 12:30.

Sam wiped the counters down again, flipping the sign to close, he kept the front door unlocked.

The front door rang. 12:48.

"Sorry I'm early, but I had nothing better to do." James said, sitting down at the counter.

"No problem, just help me grab some extra ingredients." Sam said from the back. He had a bag of sugar, eggs, flour, silicone molds and pastry sheets.

James grabbed the extras. The two were now at the counter.

--

"Okay so you pour this bag of sugar in and add about half a cup of water to get a nice wet sandy texture. Then glob them into the mold, after we paint the color with food dye."

Bucky added the water, and Sam helped steering his hand. He had Bucky whisk the mixture together as he added flour, yeast, sugar, water, and a pinch of salt into a separate bowl.

"Okay, good job James!"

"Oh, please call me Bucky. I like it better then James." He looked up from the silicone molds.

"Okay Bucky, I'm going to add the eggs to this mixture then you can put them together into dough."

Sam cracked two eggs into the bowl.

Bucky mixed everything together, the dough started to form.

"You're needing it a bit off, you still have a lot of flour. Let me help."

Sam slid behind Bucky, the air became thick and his touch lit a fire in Bucky.

Damnit Bucky you shouldn't feel this way, Mary was right you're just a waste of space, Steve left you for that girl for a reason. He hand started to shake out of anger.

"You okay Bucky? Your hands started to shake."

He nodded his head, afraid his voice would crack if he talked.

Sam guided the man's hands gently needing the dough together. Bucky was full on shaking by the end of it. His face was red and his eyes were glossy.

"Need to talk about anything?" Sam said softly.

Bucky looked at the floor. He was too angry to look up or do anything else.

"Well, if you're not going to talk. I'll give you a hug. I hope that helps."

Sam leaned in giving a friendly hug with a pat on the back.

Bucky looked forward, tears streamed down his face.

Why Bucky why, why do you have to be so fucking weak. Why do you have to have everyone pity you. You know nobody loves you so why try. You're outlawed in life. Nobody will ever be there for you.

Bucky hugged back. He dug his face in Sam's shoulder letting out cries and sobbs.

"I'm sorry Sam." He croaked out.

"Don't be, but we need to cover the dough you just made." He pointed at the sad looking pastry dough.

"I don't even think it's edible." He joked out through hitched breaths.

---

AND SCENE.

Here we go.

The fun is about to start.