Chapter 46

Astrid

I passed by Luka who was currently stretching Tucker's leg. The latter groaned as Luka brought his leg to his chest.

"Hang in there," I called out to Tucker as I opened the mini fridge and pulled out a popsicle.

Tucker chuckled as I unwrapped the frozen treat that I had randomly decided that I wanted. Luckily, Luka always made sure the mini fridges in the training rooms were stocked with them.

"I might feel better if a prettier face was currently hovering over mine," Tucker teased while Luka picked up his other leg and started stretching it.

"I don't know what you're talking about, this is the prettiest face around," I patted Luka's back as I spoke.

Luka just chuckled while shaking his head. "You flatter me."

Tucker groaned again when his leg stretched to its max and I took my leave.

Slipping out into the hallway, I noticed that most of my teammates were doing exercises or throwing tennis balls with each other as they got themselves into the zone.

"Hey cap," Issac called out to me while pulling one of his ear buds outs.

"What's up?" I asked before going back to sucking on my popsicle.

"Corey said he was looking for you, I think he's still in the locker room," he explained.

I thanked him and then went to the locker room.

A couple of rookies sat around on their phones, looking to be playing some game together. A few upper class men were eating and talking about their last night adventures. The only other person in the locker room was Colten, who was looking down at his phone.

"Hey," I called out to Colten and he looked up. A bright smile crossed his face as he reached out and grabbed my hips.

"Hello pretty lady," He grinned at me. His hands  gripped my hips tightly and he pulled me closer to him. I pulled the popsicle out of my mouth and smiled down at him, his eyes made a show of going back and forth between my mouth and the frozen treat.

"Have you seen Corey? Apparently he was looking for me," I asked his twin who's smile all of a sudden faltered.

A look of confusion and surprise seemed to filter his face as he leaned back, his hands letting go of my hips.

"What?" I asked the twin who's attitude just completely changed.

"How long have you known me?" He asked, his voice taking on a distant tone.

"Why? What's wrong?" I was very confused as to the sudden change.

"I just figured you would be able to tell the difference between us by now," He refused to make eye contact and I felt a sudden wave of sickness roll through me.

"I... I d-"

"Hey Colt, have you se-" A twin left the bathroom and paused when he saw me and his brother.

My mind sputtered and raced to keep up until I looked at the male who sat in front of me. My glare was met with a bashful look from the bastard twin.

"You bastard," I reeled back and swatted at his reaching hands.

He managed to look bashful for a few more seconds before a giggle erupted from his throat. "I'm sorry, we had a plan and it was not well coordinated apparently," Colten said around fits of laughter.

"You bastard," I repeated. "I really thought you were upset," I shook my head but didn't swat his hands away when he reached for me again.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me to him, his chin rested against my stomach as he looked up at me with those big round amber eyes.