Chapter 22

Astrid

The weekend passed swiftly, until Sunday that was. The others had a game on Sunday. I was supposed to play but Doc told me to relax this weekend because of my little episode at practice on Friday. Not to mention, the antibiotics I was on for my newest throat infection left me feeling less than stellar.

Since it was an away game I decided to stay home. I knew a five-hour bus ride plus a short flight in the middle of the trip, would be exhausting. The boys left Saturday night and would be back tonight.

The quiet in my apartment was suffocating.

Especially since all of my homework was finished Saturday night after they all left.

I spent most of Sunday shopping, restocking my whole house. Then I curled up on my bed and decided to read.

My mind was distracted though. Thoughts of the boys and my health plagued me.

When I began my college hockey career I never imagined I would actually make friends. Friends used to seem so overrated. But now... Now five, maybe six, very attractive men made me reconsider my previous position.

Friends. No that's not the right term. What was it Corey had said? Boyfriends.

Multiple boyfriends. Mother would have a heart attack. She would assume me to be a whore.

Am I a whore? I like six guys. But I haven't done anything with them. I've only kissed one of them, maybe more if you counted the quick pecks here and there.

Bentley did mention that they all liked me. Was he lying? There's no way they all like me. I'm a whore.

I physically cringed at that word.

The memory of my old high school team rushed back to me as I drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~
With my head bowed submissively, I did my best to seem invisible. My gear was cold and wet as I pulled it on, but I quickly and silently went through the motions.

The door flung open and cocky laughs soon filled the locker room.

"Aww, would you look at who showed up, Blades." Jake's swaggering voice immediately filled me with disgust.

Blades chuckled darkly. They both set their bags down and approached me.

"Looks like Tramp is still changing in our locker room." Blades reached over and grabbed my hockey stick, he appeared to be looking over it.

"I bet she just wants to see us naked aye Blade?" Jake looked over to Blades who started bending my stick on the ground.

What Jake said wasn't true at all. The rink manager still hadn't gotten a replacement key for the girls changing room that mysteriously went missing two weeks ago. I didn't dare tell them that though, as they would believe me to be a liar.

"She is such a whore, isn't she?" Blades responded.

Blade put his weight fully into my stick and it shattered in half.

I flinched as he then threw the two remaining pieces of my stick at me.

They both laughed at my discomfort, but they still didn't leave me alone.

"Hey Blades?"

"Yes, Jake." Blades smirked darkly. They both stared at me, like predators eyeing prey.

"What do you say about giving her what she wants." Jake ran his eyes up and down me. Disgust rolled up my spine, which Jake misread as something else.