Chapter 4

Henrik

Luka chuckled at Aiden as he turned up the banjo music. Ryder groaned and I couldn't help but stare at the soft-looking hand of Aiden's as he left his hand on the volume knob.

He somehow seemed so cute when he pouted. His lower lip sticking out ever so slightly as he crossed his arms over his chest.

I found myself once again wondering what kind of body Aiden kept hidden underneath those sweatshirts and sweatpants. For once Aiden wore khakis and a dress shirt, though he had thrown a windbreaker with the team logo over the top, so once again he was hidden.

A soft pang had me wondering if I was gay. I have never been attracted to guys. Never even dreamed about sucking dick, but something about Aiden drew my utmost attention. In more than one place.

In the locker room, Aiden's always dressed and ready to go before I ever get there, even though I've caught myself arriving to practice earlier whenever Aiden was on my mind. Not once, in my three years of playing college hockey at this university, have I ever seen Aiden dress before practice.

He's never late for practice.
He's never late for a game.

And even though we all arrive at away games at the same time, he always manages to sneak away and dress while all of us are doing our separate warm-ups.

"Did you ever get cleared, Henrik?" Luka asked me. His eyes locked with mine through the rearview mirror.

"Uh yeah." I rotated my shoulder for emphasis. "Doc cleared me last night before practice. He wanted you to wrap it before the game though."

Luka nodded in response. The bluegrass changed songs. A loud banjo rang through the silence. 

"Do you need anything taped Ryder?" Luka asked him.

"No," Ryder said simply as he continued glaring at the back of Aiden's headrest.

"When is Gill going to be back?" Aiden asked Luka, his hands fidgeting with the seams of his Kakis pants.

"Whenever he stops seeing double and can tell Doc what day it is." I chuckled as Aiden glared at Luka.

"It doesn't matter anyway. He's not a huge asset." Ryder mumbled as he pulled out his phone and went about scrolling through it.

Luka rolled his eyes and Aiden huffed loudly. He suddenly turned in his seat and poked Ryder in the chest.

"You know you are such an asshole sometimes." Aiden poked him again.

Ryder just gaped at Aiden's sudden outburst, before he quickly schooled his features.

"You know I'm right."

"Who cares? What you said was rude and inconsiderate!" Aiden yelled.

"Why are you-"

Whatever remark Ryder had was cut off by Luka's voice.

"I'm fucking driving." He glared over his shoulder at the two. "If you would like me to pull over so you guys can discuss this then please tell me. Otherwise," he pointed at Aiden, "sit your ass back in that seat, face forward, and act like the fucking captains that you are."

Aiden fell back into his seat, buckled, and rested his head on his knuckles as he glared out the window.

Ryder went back to staring at Aiden's headrest as if it had greatly offended him.

Five minutes later, Luka pulled into the parking lot where the bus was waiting.

"Oh look. We're here." He sighed dramatically as he unbuckled and turned the truck off.

Another five minutes, we found ourselves sitting on the bus waiting for more than half the team to show up.

Ryder and I sat next to each other three rows back from where Aiden and Luka sat. Their seats were across the aisle though.

Aiden had already pulled out a deck of cards and they were playing some game.

"Who the hell does he think he is?" Ryder suddenly asked me. Though he was also staring at Aiden. "I'm the captain. He's just an alt. Who the fuck does he think he's talking to? I could have him kicked off the team if I so wished."

"You're wrong."

"What?" Ryder directed his eyes to me.

"You're wrong." I reiterated. "Aiden's close with Coach if you haven't noticed. There's something there that we don't know. He's also close with Luka and Doc, who would definitely talk to Coach if you tried to kick him. Plus he's a damn good player. And with Tipper gone for the season and Gill out for who knows how long, Coach would be stupid to cut one of his best players just cause the captain wished it." Ryder was fuming by the time I finished explaining myself.

He knows I'm right though.

He turned back and watched Aiden cheer as he must've won the game Aiden and Luka were playing. "Do you think they are fucking?" He turned back to me as he asked me.

"Luka doesn't swing that way. But I'm really unsure with Aiden. Something's up with him. I'm just not sure." I shrugged. "They could just be close friends. After all, Aiden doesn't have any friends on the team."

Ryder squinted slightly. "What could be up with him?" He tilted his head curiously as he ran his eyes up and down Aiden.

"No fucking clue. I can just tell something is off." I picked my rucksack up from between my feet and pulled out two beef jerky sticks. "Want one?"

Ryder grabbed one and peeled it open. He proceeded to eat it as I watched him closely.

Nothing. That interests me in no way. Yet when I'm simply around Aiden, I can't even think straight.

What the hell is wrong with me?

"Something the matter?" Ryder asked as he eyed me suspiciously.

"No. I'm just confused about something, that's all." I shook my head and went about eating the beef jerky stick.

About ten minutes later, the bus was finally full, yet we still had a perfect view of Aiden and Luka.

Just as the bus pulled away, Ryder mumbled, "I promise, I will find out whatever the fuck Aiden is hiding. He is going down."

Alrighty then.

~~~~~~
Thank you for reading Chapter 4. Sorry, I took a couple of days to post, I've been busy and have had some writer's block, but it's over and I'm feeling ready to write again. I hope you liked this chapter. Tell me who your favorite character is in the comments, I love feedback.

~Until Next Chapter