Chapter 31

Astrid

Shifting of the large bed had me waking from my peaceful rest. I was aware of the hot body spooning me with a muscled arm wrapped around my waist, while my sleep-heavy lids peeled open.

A huge body towered over me as blonde hair and blue eyes came into my focus. "Good morning," Luka murmured against my lips as he gave me a soft peck.

"Morning," I mumbled back, barely awake. "Where are you going?" I tried to sit up but the body behind me prevented that. So instead I could just stare up at Luka.

"To shower," Luka chuckled, his eyes running along my blanket-covered body as if he could see through them.

"Lame," I said, already falling back into the clutches of sleep.

Luka chuckled, straightening his barely clothed body and disappearing inside of the bathroom.

Behind me, Ryder stirred, his lips pressing against my neck.

I was disappointed when I had gotten up at some point last night to go to the bathroom and discovered that both of them had put their underwear back on. Though it was probably a good thing because we most likely wouldn't have gotten any sleep if they'd strutted their proud and naked selves around the hotel room.

"Did you sleep well?" Ryder asked me, his arm tightening around me and pulling me flush against him.

"Best sleep I've gotten in years," I said mid-yawn as I stretched my tired limbs.

Ryder's eyes flicked down to my chest while I stretched, a frown pulling his lips down. "Bugger," He said in response to my clothed form.

When I had gotten up to go to the bathroom, I to had thrown clothes on. I had just snatched up my clothes that had been discarded, mostly because I didn't bring that many changes of clothes with me.

I went to respond, only to freeze when a door had opened. At first, I figured it was Luka, but considering the water in the bathroom was still running, I quickly realized I was wrong.

"Has anyone seen Ryder, he never came in last-" Henrik froze midsentence as he took in the sight of the king-sized bed. "Oh." His mouth formed the shape of an "o" with his words.

"Good morning," Ryder greeted his best friend, the smile on his face slightly scary.

"Apparently," Henrik said with a grin, the stitches on his chin pulling at the expression. His smooth brown eyes looked over my blanket-covered form just as Luka's had. Despite nothing being on show, his eyes still darkened a shade. "May I?" He asked with a gesture towards the open space that Luka had been occupying.

Not quite sure what he was asking, I simply shrugged, causing Ryder to chuckle and press his lips against my neck.

Henrik grinned before toeing off his shoes and crawling under the covers next to me. "You're so warm," Henrik said, his chilly fingers slide up my T-shirt and rested against my stomach.

I yipped, not expecting his frozen fingers on my bare skin, causing both of the men to chuckle. "Why are your fingers so cold?" I whispered harshly, even though they were already warming up.

"Cause my room was cold. I purposely made it an artic, knowing it would piss Ryder off. But the fucker never showed up to change the temp." Henrik said against my neck as he placed a soft kiss there.

I shivered at his touch, mostly because this was the most affection he had ever shown and it was doing something to my insides.

A dark chuckle came from my other side as Ryder looked at his best friend. "I got a little preoccupied." His mischievous grin said it all.