Chapter 12

Astrid

By the time I had woken up, I had gotten at least nine hours of sleep, which was definitely a new record for me ever since I started college.

The sun had probably been up for about two hours, judging by the light peeking through my blinds.

I threw my black comforter off of me and slowly pulled myself out of the bed. Every move was pure agony along with every breath, but I had to pee. And there was no way I was hollering for anyone's help.

I eventually made it to my closet, where I grabbed a change of clothes, then slowly stumbled to the master bathroom.

Inside, I peed and showered. Though the hot rinse of the shower felt good on my ribs, I hated standing for so long. I quickly realized that washing my hair and brushing it would be an impossible task. I simply could not lift my hands over my head.

I finally got out of the shower, disappointed, and still feeling slightly unclean. I threw on a pair of shorts and a light shirt, glad that I could finally stop wearing layers around my house. I made my way to the sink and brushed my teeth. At least I could do that.

I left my bed unmade and went into the main area of my apartment, which held the kitchen, living room, and dining room in an open floor plan.

I was surprised by the sight that greeted me.

On my couch, Luka laid snuggled up. On one of the recliners, Henrik was stretched out snoring and on the floor was Bentley.

Unlike the other two, Bentley was awake. He must've just been staring at the ceiling because his eyes immediately shifted to my entrance.

"Morning," I said gruffly as I made my way to the kitchen.

Bentley jumped up from his blanket wrap on the floor and met me in the kitchen.

"Morning. You should've called me to come help me when you woke up." Bentley scrunched his nose as he looked at my hair. "Did you wash your hair?"

"I didn't want to bother you, and no, I found out after I got in the shower that I can not physically move my arms above my head." I opened the fridge up and started grabbing some stuff for breakfast.

"I could help you." Bentley shrugged.

"With breakfast?" I questioned.

"No with your hair."

I don't know why, but a blush crept up my neck. "Ho-why-yo?" I stuttered like an idiot.

"Hey hey." Bentley stepped forward and placed his hands on my shoulders. "Don't worry Love. Nobody has to strip. You just put your head in the bathtub and I'll wash it for you. Then I'll brush it." Bentley said as he rubbed his hands up and down my arms slightly.

The action made me feel strange.

When was the last time I got genuine affection?

"You wouldn't mind?" I asked Bentley skeptically.

"Of course not. I used to do my sister's hair all the time." Despite Bentley's usual smile, a sad look passed over his face.

I didn't know Bentley had siblings.

My hair felt disgusting as it sat on my neck. Unclean and tangled.

"Okay." I sighed. "If it's no trouble to you." Since I had barely started breakfast, I abandoned the task and followed Bentley down the hallway and into the master bathroom.

I couldn't help but notice the confidence that Bentley walked with as he led me through my own house. How he showed such confidence, I had no idea.

Those assholes from high school made sure to destroy every last ounce of confidence I could ever muster.

Bentley pointed to the bathtub and told me to sit. I fumbled around but managed to sit with my back against the tub. All the while he went to the closet and grabbed a towel. He reached over me and grabbed the vanilla and roses-smelling shampoo and conditioner.

He turned the water on, checking it periodically to make sure the temperature was right.

Once satisfied with it, he knelt down next to me. He adjusted my head so that my hair easily met the stream of water.

For the next ten minutes, I was in bliss. The feel of Bentley's fingers running through my hair ignited a flame deep inside of me. He massaged my scalp and I was basically putty in his hands.

Once he washed my hair, he easily lifted me off the ground and gathered me in his arms. Then he carried me over to the counter and set me on it. I faced the mirror and had my feet resting in the sink.

"Don't fall please." Bentley teased as he went around the room in search of my hairbrush.

Once he found it, he came back over and towel-dried my hair. He then began working through the tangled mess that was my long red hair.

My hair came down to about my waist and it took Bentley a while to finally get through all of it.

Bentley surprised me when he spoke, considering we had been sitting in complete silence. "Do you mind if I braid it?"

"No, please. That way I don't have to deal with it for a couple of days." I shrugged as he started separating my hair into three parts.

"My thoughts exactly." Bentley hummed.

It took everything in me to resist moaning as Bentley lightly tugged on my hair while he braided it. The flame had grown into a wildfire and my whole body was reacting to every little touch.

I never knew someone playing with my hair could be such a turn-on.

I tried to ignore Bentley's presence behind me and instead stared myself down in the mirror. Willing myself to calm down and think unsexy things.

That seemed to work because as Bentley announced that he was done, I no longer felt the need to melt in a puddle on the floor.

Bentley set my brush down and lifted me off the counter. He carried me to the couch and set me down. I noticed the living room was now empty.

Confused, I looked around and saw Luka and Henrik in the kitchen. They seemed to be continuing where I had left breakfast at.

"Morning." They both grinned at me. I responded with my own greeting.

Bentley set a blanket down on my lap and sat down next to me.

We watched some Saturday morning cartoons while the other two made breakfast. Once done, Henrik brought me a plate while Luka bought me my medicine and a glass of water.

We spent most of our Saturday lounging around. Once again I felt happy about my new circumstances. For once old memories were not constantly haunting me and I could just be me. Not Aiden or poor old Astrid. Just me.

~~~~~~
Thank you for reading Chapter 12. I hope you liked this chapter. I love any and all feedback. Lemme know who your favorite character is so far, besides Astrid.
~Until Next Chapter