25

Hayes

Things had become better between Kaylin and I. We had been in Oregon for three months now and Curtis finally finalised everything to get us out of trouble. We were leaving in two weeks.

"You ready?" Kaylin asked as she put on her cap.

"Yeah," I nodded and handed her the car keys. We were heading to the Portland fair.

We got out the house and got into the car.

"Check around," Kaylin advised me to do so. We always had to check around to see if anyone was watching ever since that night where Zan got injured.

"All clear," I got back in the car and kissed her neck.

"Someone's excited," she chuckled and started driving.

"It's just great to be doing something different with my beautiful angel," I smiled. I was happy. Things finally started to look up. Not to mention that Kaylin and I started having sex again. Big daddy was starved, trust me on that.

"Yeah I get what you mean. I'm just grateful that my dad was able to get things together," she smiled.

"Yeah me too," I held her hand.

The drive to the fair was short. We got out the car and headed towards the entrance. Kaylin and I still had to keep up with our disguises and cover up. Lucky for us, the news died down on reporting our story, apart of Curtis' plan.

"Where to first?" I asked. I'd never been to a fair so this was definitely new to me.

"Let's test how good your arms are," she smiled as she led me to a booth with open clown mouths and a stack of small hollow balls.

"You're talking to a former high school star quarterback," I laughed and picked up a ball, "I think I'll pass this test and win you something."

"Prove it then," she smiled.

I tossed every ball given to me into the mouth, winning a very large stuffed dolphin.

"Here you go milady," I smiled and handed her the stuffed animal.

"Never been happier to be proven wrong," she smiled and took it, "thank you. I'm surprised you still got it Grier."

"I never miss," I smirked, "I mean look at what I landed."

"Haha very funny," she commented sarcastically, "let's go see what else we can do."

***

The afternoon sky was colouring itself in a hue of purple and orange. The temperature dropping to a crisp, cold breeze. We were approaching the top of the Ferris wheel as Kaylin's rested her head on my chest.

"Isn't this such a beautiful view?" she asked with a smile.

"Yeah you are a beautiful view," I smiled as I stared at her.

"Hayes," she blushed and giggled.

"You know, regardless of whatever happens to us. I'm grateful I went to that coffee shop that night and found you. Ive never been happier," I smiled. Kaylin really had changed my life, obviously. It wasn't even scary anymore, it felt natural. It felt like it was supposed to happen like this.

"I love you," she blushed and kissed me. We reached the bottom of the ferris wheel and got off.

"I'm going to the bathroom," Kaylin said and handed me all the stuff we got from right now, "can I meet you by the car?"

"Yeah. I'll bring it to the entrance so you don't have to walk far," I said.

"Thanks love," she kissed my cheek and vanished into the crowd.