29

Hayes

Kaylin led me inside. The club lights flashing, the smell of alcohol seeping into my nostrils. The crowded bodies shedding pounds on the dance floor. I was finally home. It felt good to be home.

"Remember the first time we went to a club together," she chuckled as she led me to the bar.

"Yeah I ordered us a couple screwdrivers as I tried my absolute best to keep it a secret that I was a slayer. My bartender wasn't much help with that. I sure do miss Evan," I sighed as I looked over at the bar.

"We'll be back soon baby I promise. Just three more days," she comforted me.

"Yeah. Get me a screwdriver will ya, I want it to feel like old times," I asked.

"Two screwdrivers," she ordered over the bar.

"Thanks babe," I smiled.

"No problem," she smiled back as she took her glass.

"To us," I raised my glass.

"To us," we made a toast and drank.

***

The night progressed and Kaylin had gotten pretty hammered. She was almost at the point of being a puddle on the floor. It was kinda annoying because I basically had to play caretaker halfway through the night. It was pushing 3am.

"Hayes," she slurred, "dance with me."

"You sure you don't wanna go home? You're pretty drunk," I tried to laugh, lightening the mood.

She threw her arms around me and started to twist her hips. I began to hold her and follow her movements. We had been dancing intensely the whole night. I had to admit I was staring to get tired. Maybe I wasn't cut out for the club life anymore. I mean I had been here for four months now that's a long time to be out of the game.

"I'm gonna go get you some water," I said in her ear.

"Okay," she burped, "meet me by the bathroom."

I left her and approached the bar. I sat down next to some redhead.

"Water please," I ordered as the bartender vanished into the kitchen.

"Hey there handsome," the redhead greeted me. Her face looking quite mesmerising once she showed it to me.

"Hi," I chuckled lightly, "glad you got a good set of eyes."

"Of course. Anyone would be crazy enough not to notice," her eyes scanned me seductively. Something about her eyes spoke to me. They told me I had known her before.

"You're very flattering," I nodded.

"Now what's such a 10 like you doing at a bar all alone? It's a problem that I think I can help fix," her voice heaved next to my ear.

Temptation was grabbing me by the balls at this point. But I knew it would've been stupid. I promised Kareem and Curtis, and Kaylin, that I wouldn't hurt her. She promised me the same. This was a new me that I had to stick with.

"Listen you're stunning but I'm actually here with my girlfriend," I grabbed the cup of water finally bought to me, "enjoy your night."

I left the bar and went towards the bathroom. Moving my way through the sweating bodies of the scene. Luckily it wasn't as packed as people started to call it a night. As I advanced to the bathrooms, I caught sight of something.

It was Kaylin. She was sticking her tongue down some dude's throat. My fury flared.

How could she do this to me? After everything she puts me through, she still had the nerve to cheat on me? And she promised me she wouldn't hurt me. Well no more.

I threw the glass on the ground and the music was low enough for her to hear it. She pulled away and saw me, shocked. Before I could hear her say anything, I vanished into the crowd. I headed for the doors and was out of there.

While I was outside I bumped into the redhead again.

"Oh, you again," her voice bubbled.

"Yeah. Um listen, can I hitch a ride with you?" I asked. I didn't really know what I was doing.

"My place?" she smirked.

"Anywhere. I just need to get out of here," I said.