27

Hayes

"I'm on my way out," Kaylin called out as she headed for the door.

"Where you going?" I asked. I started asking ever since she decided to split, twice.

"Going to meet up with Jamal at the warehouse. Said that it's important," she answered.

"Why don't I come with you?" I asked, standing up from the couch.

"He said I should come alone. So I'm pretty sure it's something potentially dangerous," she said.

"I don't know babe," I dropped my voice, "I don't like Jamal, remember."

"Because of that one time he wanted a hug? Come on," she rolled her eyes and laughed.

"It's not just that. I saw the way he was looking at you when we went to view Kareem's body. He's clearly into you," I mentioned. Feeling as jealous as I felt was definitely new to me. I haven't been jealous of anyone tryna square in on my girl since high school and all with good reason, when you're just tryna hit it there's no need to be jealous since there's plenty of fish in the sea. But this was different. This was Kaylin.

"Jamal is just like that babe. He's a man whore. Don't take him seriously," she laughed and then stopped, squinting, "do you not trust me or something?"

"I didn't say that," I interjected.

"Well you're making it seem like that," she scoffed, "nothing is going to happen. Jamal knows boundaries and I would break his jaw if he tried anything anyways."

"Would you blame me for not trusting you then? Let's not forget you walked out on me twice in the space of three days so!" I raised my voice and I regretted doing so.

"Fuck you," she spat and walked into her room. She locked the door and that was the last time I heard from here for the rest of the day.