30

Hayes

I roamed the streets searching for a breakfast place. I had just left the motel I had spent the night at. I decided not to shack up with that red headed broad. I wanted to act maturely and not based off of what I felt. I must really love this girl. She cheats on me and I decide not to use that as an excuse to chase tail. Damn.

I walked into a diner and sat down at a table. I was greeted right away by a waitress.

"Here's your menu," she handed it to me with a thick southern accent, "I'll give you a second to look through and I'll come back to take your order."

"Thanks," I looked up at her. She looked familiar. Like the redhead from last night but different in a way.

As she left I tried to wrap my head around last night. Thankfully, Kaylin gave me some money to hold onto for last night from her gambling stash so I was able to use it to check into a motel and get some food.

The waitress came back and took my order, being a little overly friendly if you get what I mean.

It seemed weird that I was suddenly getting attention from women now that I had been cheated on. It started to feel like high school all over again and I didn't like that one bit.

I ate my meal in silence as I looked outside. Maybe I was waiting for Kaylin to pull up and apologise and take me home. She did something unthinkable. One thing I vowed I never would do after Amy was cheat. I may have slept with many women but at least I never misled them to thinking we were in a relationship nor did I ever commit to them like that. Well until Kaylin. But I guess that was just a mistake.

I finished my meal and my waitress, whose name I later learned was Charmaine, came to my table. She sat down in the booth across from mine, her head low.

"Um can I help you?" I asked confused.

"You think," she began darkly, "you could just get away with what you did?"

"What?" I said under my breath.

She began to take off her hat and then her wig and her facial prosthetics. Later on I was horrified to see a face that identically resembled Charlotte's.

"Charlotte?" I questioned.

Fin

______