7

Hayes

A week in Oregon could really make a man go insane. The cops were still hot on our tails and the news had a segment about us at least once a day. It was as if we had done a whole massacre.

"I'm back," I heard Kaylin's voice through the house.

"Babe," I called, "where do you go when you disappear for hours on end?"

"Hayes c'mon," she groaned and walked into the kitchen.

"Kaylin you have to stop keeping parts of your life a secret from me. You found out everything you need to know from my side, why don't you just tell me?" I questioned. I was quite hurt.

"My dad's" she mumbled.

"What?" I asked.

"I go to my dad's. I've been asking him for advice on what to do. Sometimes I go there for that or I'll go there first and we'll go and get a deal and do a job together. That's how I've been able to get us food and stuff," she explained with her head down.

"So, can I meet him?" I asked. I've never met the father of any girl I've ever been with but somehow I was compelled to meet Kaylin's. I mean I guess I should be seeing the man who's basically helping us stay alive.

"Uh yeah," she uttered surprised, "I'll call him and let him know we're coming tomorrow."

"Great," I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead, "I love you."

"I love you too," she whispered. She didn't seem so angry anymore, that's what I liked.