5

Hayes

I woke up in Kaylin's embrace as her hair gently brushed my cheeks.

"Morning," I kissed her forehead.

"Hi," she smiled sleepily as she lifted her head. She got up from the bed and put on an oversized t-shirt.

"Where'd you get that? I thought you left your clothes at your place?" I asked.

"I have clothes here. Sometimes I'd stay here for weeks, maybe months on end," she answered.

"Months? You know we can't be here for months," I gawked.

"I know. I'm working on it. Which reminds me. I gotta go," she made her way to the bathroom.

"Where are you going now?" I groaned.

"I'm just sorting some stuff out," she shrugged.

"You can't leave me in here all day. We only been here for two days and I'm already dying here. There's nothing to do," I complained.

"Take Zan for a walk or go to the park or something," she suggested.

"Why can't I just come with you to wherever you're going?" I asked.

"It's too dangerous for you. Just wear a cap and go," she snapped.

Kaylin was getting very snappy with me these days and while a part of me felt a little turned on by it, it was annoying most of me.

"Why do I gotta wear a cap?" I asked.

"So nobody sees you. We're still at large remember?" she chimed, "anyways, I'm gonna go take a shower."

With that she left and I went into the kitchen to feed Zan.

Kaylin arose from the bathroom and was ready in seconds.

"I'll be back soon. This won't take too long," she pecked my lips, "love you."

"Love you too," I said and she was on her way.

I got a cap from out my bag and took Zan outside. As I stepped out, it was like I had been boarded up in a house for seven years. The sunlight felt good on my skin. I embraced it as I walked Zan to the park not too far from the house.

I sat on the park bench and began to smoke as I threw a ball I found on the ground to Zan. I had to keep my head low in case anyone saw my face but luckily there wasn't many people in the park.

This was what Kaylin had to go through at such a young age. Hiding from the world for the terrible thing she did. She did this constantly. For months on end. How did she do it? I was struggling. I liked to make my presence known. Wherever I go.

After some time I decided to head back home. I hated the fact that this hideout was now my new home.

I got a few looks as I was leaving, since more people were coming so I decided to pick up the pace.

I reached the door and opened it to be greeted by the hole of a pistol.