3

Hayes

Last night pretty much faded away after Kaylin told me she was an ex felon. She stormed into the other room and locked herself in there the whole night.

I got up from the uncomfortable bed I had to sleep on and got out of my room. I saw a note outside the door Kaylin locked herself in.

Had to get some things done. I made you breakfast at least. I'll be back before nighttime.

- Kaylin

"What is with this girl?" I whispered to myself as I examined the note.

I went to the living room and Zan jumped off the couch to greet me.

"Morning," I ran my hands over his head and picked him up, even though he was way too large for that.

I walked into the kitchen and opened the microwave, taking out the breakfast. I ate it with ease. At least she was a good cook, compensates for her crazy secretive ways.

Well not really.

I decided to do some investigating. I needed to know more than what Kaylin had told me.

After taking a shower, I crept around. I went into my room and looked for anything that would tell me about our current situation or Kaylin's past. Then I went into her room and did the same only to come up short.

I walked around and looked everywhere. As I walked around, I almost tripped over a loose floorboard.

I got on my knees and opened it up to find a box. I opened the box and found a gun with some jewelry, watches, rings and notes. I examined the notes to see them all coming from various people talking about "jobs" and some notes were of concern, from her family and friends. Others were informing her how things were going on a certain place.

Before I knew it, it was the late afternoon and I heard the door open.