53

Someone was shaking you, the sensating causing you to jolt up in bed, your breath came out sharply as you looked around the dark room.

"Hey, hey, it's fine. You're ok." 

Aizawa's voice pulled you back to reality. You were in your room, not back in Kamino. Your wrists were unbound and there were no cries of terror coming from around you.

You hadn't realized that you'd fallen asleep, after recent events you'd tried to keep yourself awake, knowing the nightmares would begin their torment the moment your eyes shut.

Looking over, you could see Aizawa looking at you in concern, the yellow light from the hallway illuminating half of his face. 

"Sorry," you said. "It was just a bad dream, I didn't mean to wake you up."

"There's no need to apologize. After what happened today I didn't expect for you to have much of a restful night."

God, had all of that really happened in the span of a single day? The attack on the training camp, your fight with the villains, watching helplessly as you were pushed out of the way and Bakugou was pulled through the vortex in your place, the plan to save him, the reveal of your true identity, it felt as though many days had passed.

You turned away. "I wasn't expecting to either, I keep thinking the police are gonna barge in and arrest me, or a vortex is gonna open up and someone's gonna pull me from the bed like a scene in a horror movie."

"Neither of those are things you need to worry about. You're safe here."

You pulled your knees to your chest and rested your head, speaking in a voice nearly low enough to be a whisper. "He's my father, the man responsible for hundreds of deaths, the one who put an end to the symbol of peace, that's my father."

Aizawa nodded. "That is true, but does that change anything?"

"It changes everything."

"Really? So because the identity of your father has been revealed, that means that you aren't the same person that you were just a few days ago?  You may share his blood but knowing that now makes no difference in who you are."

He was right, but the words did little to comfort you. "Maybe not, but the rest of the world doesn't see it that way."

He chuckled, "since when have you cared what the world thinks?"

"Since they started trying to get me thrown in jail." You grumbled.

The humor left his voice, leaving nothing but a cold seriousness in its wake. "I will handle that, I'll go to the higher-ups if I have to, but trust me when I say that I won't let them take you anywhere."

"What if I did kill that villain?" You asked, beginning to feel the weight of what that could entail.

Even heroes were barred from killing. Regardless if she was a villain or not, you'd committed a crime, multiple crimes during that fight in Kamino. Keeping the law away wouldn't be easy.

"In terms of legality, it was self-defense. If you're asking because of what you may feel if she really is dead, there's not too much that I can say. What's done is done, and we can deal with those implications as they come, regardless of what form they present themselves in." 

The silent hum of the fan could be heard as you studied the man before you. "Why? Why do you do so much for me? All I've ever done is mess up your life, from the very beginning when they made you accept me into your home, I've just caused problems."