Chapter 26

Everything was serine the next morning. It was just the two of us, still tangled together from the night before. Though we had been awake for a while we hadn't moved from bed.

"One more time," Adrian pleaded, playing with the ends of my hair.

I let out a sigh, and leaned into his touch. "I love you," I repeated for what had to be the hundredth time. Though it never lost its sincerity. "I feel like I'm saying it far more then you."

Adirn smirked leaning in to close the small gap between the two of us. "I love you," he whispered before kissing me lightly. We were both blissfully smiling.

Though I was enjoying our time together I couldn't sit still much longer. It wasn't in my nature, I had always been on the move. The sun was already high in the sky, and I was still just laying around.

"Where are you going?" Adrian complained as I started crawling out of bed.

I smirked and leaned in to give him a small peck. "Laying in bed all day is against my nature," I pointed out, already slipping on my tunic. "I'm gonna go down to the hold for a while."

Adrian pouted, burying his head into his pillow. He didn't want me to go. I smiled running my hand through his hair. "You're welcome to join me," I offered, "Or stay here. I will be back before the sun gets too low."

He sighed. "Go," he agreed, knowing there was no stopping me. Once I was fully dressed I left his room, which had been down the hall from my own yet I had never been in before.

My walk to the hold was a chery one, I was almost skipping. It felt nice knowing I was loved and loving them back. It felt like I finally belonged somewhere. The thought crossed my mind that maybe I should stop trying to figure out what I was. It didn't really matter anymore.

I never got to persue the thought. Standing down at the foot of the stairs was a man I had never seen before. I pulled out my dagger prepared to attack, and jumping down the last few levels to get behind the intruder. Upon getting closer it was clear they were not human, there from while looking human wasn't even physical.

Though their human form was interesting. He was dressed like a noble in whites and blues, and heavily decorated with gold. They stood tall with their shoulders back. It was the details that stuck out to me. His fire red hair and eyes of emeralds. Just like my own. His eyes glanced over me, in disapproval.

"I will give you that," he said clearly, "You were trained well."

I glared at him the grip on my blade grew tighter. "Who are you?" I asked. "What are you?"

The man wore the same stoic look. "I am Archangel Gabriel. As for what I am, I am your father," the man said. As he did so his form grew six set of wings. I thought one pair was a hassle.

"The fuck," I gasped, lowering my weapon.

"You're language is fowl," he commented, as though I was a pile of shot he stepped in. He let out a be grudging sigh. "Give me your hand."

I brought my hands closer to me. I wasn't an idiot, I wasn't going to trust some grand being that just showed up, even if they claim to be my father. "Do not fear, I mean you no harm," Gabriel assured, while trying to shift his expression into something not of contempt.

Hesitently I grabbed his hand. The movement I did there was a shift in everything. Everything was bright and my senses more clear and my body lighter. Like something in me was fully unlocked.

"I'll give you the answers you've been searching for," Grabiel told me. "Best to start at the begining." Everything shifted around me and we were standing above the Belmont ruins, existing amongst the clouds. Instinctively I started flapping my wings even though I never remeber calling them out.

" We felt a shift coming, a darkened haunting in the future. Hell on Earth. Earth itself has lost it's way over time, it reaks of sin and blasphemy. Even being here in this form takes up so much energy, none of us could bear coming in physical form to fight the coming darkness. Yet those in heaven did not wish tk leave the humans to their own. A warrior must be made. "

The surroundings shifted again. This time we stood in a court yard of a monetary. Nuns were about on their daily lives, unaware of the pair standing before them. " With what power we all had we came to a holy place, and had a volunteer mother the warrior. A child of a son of God and a daughter of man. The volunteer was granted access to paradise, fort heir sacrafice."

"You mean my mother," I questioned, "She died?"

"No mortal can survive giving birth to a nephlim," Gabriel explained. I suddenly heard loud screams of agony. I rushed over to see where it was coming from. There was an open window of a bedroom. On the bed was a young woman, no older than myself. She had a bulging stomach and sweat beading her brow. Surrounding her was liked dressed woman, all nuns.

One last scream filled the air. Followed quickly by babies screams. The baby already had hair on her head, bright red. That was me. The nuns snipped the ambilical cord, but left the mother, as she no longer breathed.

"You weren't to be raised here," Gabriel continued, ominously appearing right behind me. "A monetary was no place to raise a fighter. Instead you were sent to the famoly best in all the land." His hand was placed on my shoulder.

Once again everything shifted. I held my breath for j knew where we were. I hadn't seen the place in years. Nor had it been in that condition in quite as many. It was the entrance of the Belmont manor. The door was open, letting light fall out into the night. At the door step a nun handed a basket to the Belmont couple, at there legs was a boy, Trevor.

"That's where our influence ended," Gabriel demanded her attention. "What befel on you in this world was not your fault, but that of misguided humans. You were made to lead them to salvation, instead they just damned you to a life of suffering."

"But Dracula's dead," I pointed out, "Humanity lives on."

"And they continue to be misguided, as we were. We should have let the devils wipe them out. The lord would have returned and could have started anew," Gabriel explained.

I took a step back. Sure there were bad people but fundamentally humans were good. If anyone was to believe that, it should be angels. "My child, you do not need to suffer anymore," Gabriel told me, "You don't need to run to the arms of a demon. His words may seem sweet but his soul is doomed for hell. We have forgiven you for your mistake, humans have forced you to the worst. I am here now to bring you to salvation."

I scowled at the man. His words might seem fancy and forgiving but it was a threat. "I'm not going anywhere," I told him, closing my hands into firsts, and my shoe appeared in them.

The reality shifted again. We were once again standing in the hold, the modern hold. At my feet was a body, slumpt, but breathing. My own body. I was just a disembodied spirit.

Gabriel reached out to me, hiding a look of annoyance. "Grace you are not needed," he told me, like it was some sort of reassurance. "Rest."

"No."

"I didn't want to do it this way my child," he groaned. His human looking form melted away into a form of near impossible comprehension. I'm sure if I was not part of such a beast I would have gone mad just gazing upon it.

A ray of blazing light came right towards me, and I dodged with speed I didn't know I had. Everything would always come down to a fight when it came to me.