Chapter 4

"Amazing," a voice softly whispered. I looked away from the shelf to see the person that has been following me for a while. I turned back to face Alucard with a raised eyebrow. "You've only been back for an hour, but you're practically healed."

I shrugged, and return my attention to the bookshelves, not entirely sure what I was looking for. "Perks of not being human," I said. I pulled out a book, and started flipping through it to see if it was what I was looking for.

Alucard came and leaned on the book self infront of me. "You continue to say that, but not what you are," he pointed out, putting a single finger on the book. As he pushed it down I was forced to look up.

"Cause I don't know what I am," I told him with sass. I slipped the book back onto the shelf, next to the vampire's shoulder. "I mean I have a guess, but there's so little information there is no way to tell. Even the name is unknown."

I gave myself and awkward hug and leaned against the other book self, standing a cross from the vampire. "What to you think you are?"

I rubbed the side of my arms and cringed at needing to say it out loud. "A child of a son of God and a daughter of man. What ever the hel that means," I confessed, and quickly changed it to a much lighter tone. "And like a persist called me that before is tabbed him in the arm, so I don't know how reliable that is."

"son of God and daughter of man," he repeated the phrase. "There could be many interpretations."

I clicked my toung and nodded. "Man, animal, angel, the devil, Jesus. This God guy really gets around. The daughter of man, could be literal woman, sins, civilization, war, really there's a lot.  For all I know I could be the daughter of Jesus and sin." I shrugged and let out a laugh.

"That's a childish thought," Alucard commented.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Well I am a child," I informed him. "Turned eightteen the beginning of this year."

He just stood there, while I walked away. "But..." he gasped out, "You don't seem that young..." he was at a lose.

I put on a sad smile. "What I've been through, I needed to grow up fast. Same with Trevor, how old do you think he is? Mid to early thirties maybe? He's only 23. He's only 5 years older than me, and thinks he has the weight of the world on his shoulders. Even before he did, I guess." I scoffed at my last comment.

There was a silent moment as I tapped on the spine of a random book. "Some could say the same for you..." Alucard brought up. "Granted I have not known you long, but you came back beaten, from the sole fact you didn't fight back. But your still capable to inflict enough pain to bring a vampire back to his sense."

I spun around and cringed. "I said I was sorry," I wined out.

He laughed and put a hand in my recently cut hair. "I should be the one apologizing. I should have controlled myself better. It's just I've never smelt blood that, pleasing before."

"We're both fine, what dose it matter," I shrugged, getting a bit awkward with how close his hand was to my face.

Alucard let out a little laugh as I skipped away. "You're to good for this world Vendta. Nothing but misfortune has befallen you, yet you keep going with kindness and a smile. Many would have given up in your place."

I looked sown at my feet and smiled. "There is corruption in the many, and sincerity in few," I breathed out the quote I love by. "Those who are sincer are who I live for. Most can not fight for themselves, or see that it's pointless. So I shall for those who can't."

The vampire let out a sad laugh. "I can't help but think how much my mother would have agreed to that."

I stiffened at the mention of his mother. I watched her die. I did nothing as she burned. "I'm sorry," I managed to get out through the lump in my throat before running off.

Trevor and Sypha had already fallen asleep not to long ago, so I just needed to hide from the vampire. I stuck to the shadows, and light steps. Adventually I came to the far left corner, quickly recognizing the needed books. It wasn't for information, but a pattern. I pattern that would reveal the holding. It was a pattern of five book, with no clues, only memorization.

I hopes the clicking of the door didn't alert the hyper hearing of the Vampire as I slipping through the hidden door onto  a circular staircase. Once again I found myself in darkness but I lit the way. The putrid smeel of aged rotting burned at my nose, to top it of there was the smell of waste and blood. I'm surprised you couldn't smeel it from upstairs. I followed the short hall, only three doors on either side. They all were metal, enchanted, with a single bared window to look through. All were closed tight, except for the one on the far left. It was my room.

I stepped into the room and back in time. Unlike the other cells there was a decent amount of thing in here, as they like to treat their pet. There was a small bed, not made of wool or lumps, but with a true mattress and warm blankets. There was a wardrobe filled with training clothes and a few dresses for public. A small desk, with a small stack of fiction books for pleasure, and a rug of a wolf hide. The werewolf from my first hunt.

Even though the room was coated in dust, smelled of toting flesh and wood, it comforted me. Took me to a time I thought I had people who loved me. A place where I belonged. A purpose. A home. I fell into the bed, drifting off into memories.