Chapter 12

Neith Trevor or Sypha questioned where we were the next day, only gave each other sly glances everyone and a while. They thought we wouldn't notice. We noticed. With being in the hold for so many days, you start to notice the small things. One being, Trevor smelled worse than usual. "Please take a bath when this it all done," I pleaded with my brother. I had turned to waiting, given up on searching through the books. "I'd even take just a dunk in a lake."

"You won't need to deal with me when this is all done," Trevor remind me.

I let out a dejected sigh. "As the only person you won't immediately attack for insulting you, I think it's my duty to tell you to take a bath."

Trevor let out a fake, unamused laugh. I rolled my eyes, and fell back from my seated position to lie on the ground. Everything just felt so dead around here.

" I found something, " Sypha called out, gaining all our attention. This had been going on for far too long. It was like someone wanted to fit a bunch relationship development in a few days.

We rushed over, well at least Trevor and I, as Alucard was keepi g her company. " At least I think I did," she confessed, "I need another book I found in order to full translate it."

"How long will that take?" Trevor questioned. He was getting antsy, I could tell. As was I. We were used to constantly being in the move, doing something. But here we were in one place for far to long for our liking, and nothing to do.

"I could translate," I reminded her. One thing I loved was understanding everything. The world had so much to learn, and it was all open to me.

Sypha stared at me in awe, "You beautiful being you," she sang, rushing over to hand me the book. I read off the page into the language we spoke to each other in. It was nothing. There was no difference to me, and everything computed perfectly in my mind. "It's a start of a spell," Sypha declared.

She proceeded to explain what she can do with this spell. This locking spell, as she puts it. She'd be able to, with adjustments, move the castle of Dracula to us, and keep it there. There was just one problem.

"I need to know where the castle is," Sypha informed us. That was hard, seeing as it could literally be anywhere in the world.

There was a moment of pungent silence. "We have just the thing," Alucard broke it. Back down he lead us, to a covered item we had just left on its own. With the sheet removed, it revealed a mirror. A distance mirror. "Some of the runes are damaged, but I should be able to fix it," the vampire informed us. A claw grew from his fo her, much like a too long finger nail.

"Then Trevor and I will deal with the night creatures," I shrugged, figuring all of us needed to do something. They all looked like I was crazy, until a loud bang echoed through the keep. "They've been there for a while..."

Trevor groaned and started his way to the entrance, dragging me behind. "Why didn't you tell us sooner?" he growled.

"I didn't want to dampen the mood," I whined. We finally had some good news, the first time in days. I didn't want to ruin it by telling them demons were above us.

Not long into our climb up was another loud bang. This one was louder than before. Worried of what was to come, I rushed ahead, leaving Trevor behind. We could both handle ourselves. I went at a speed no human could go at. While I prefer not to, it's great at getting me places quickly.

I got to the entrance moment before the seal broke. I could tell there needed to be a small army of monsters out there. Nothing Trevor would have been able to handle in his own. Me though, a bit strenuous, but do able. I burst through the hold, right as they broke the magic seal. My blades were drawn, and my magic simmering.

An easy, good peirce from my magic bestowed blade was enough to cause the being to siese. At least for some of them. Some were tougher. The entire blade would penetrate there back, yet only let out a growled. I wod pull myself to them, and plunge another blade into a fatal spot. Or aim for their neck and crush it under foot. Or, my personal favorite, mutter the my spell that caused the to fall to white ash.

Whatever my blood line was, it was designed to fight creatures of hell. It was so easy, I could imagine any other thing to be it's perpous. And this was only with what iv discovered I can do. I didn't even know what I was. If I knew, I wonder how much more I could be capable of.

But that wasn't the time to be pondering such thing. I had beasties to kill. On I went slaughtering, not bothering with the feww that got past into the hold. Trevor was there for a reason, to take care of those.

As I plunged the blade of my dagger into the back of one, another came and bared down on my shoulder. I let out a hiss from the pain. I removed my blade from the corpse, and swung it back into the one bitting me. The gut would cause a fatal wound, but I had hoped it would let me go. If anything it just bit down harder.

With my free hand I reached back, gripping harshly onto the shoulder blade of the beast. I felt the trickle of blood creep down my finger. I yanked on the beast and threw my self forward, flipping it off my back, and causing my wound to worsen. I threw my dagger into it's head watching it struggle for a moment before dying.

To finish it off, I pulled out my sword. There were only so many left.