Chapter 18

"Wings would be really helpful right now," I complained, falling onto the grass.

Adrien came and sat down next to me. "You still haven't been able to summon them again?" he questioned as he relished in the breeze. I personally was enjoying what was left of the cool dew on the grass.

I shook my head in the grass. He knew of my effort, stumbling upon my antics. I have tried meditation, shere will, and even been throwing myself down verying heights. Still no white fluffy wings.

Currently we were working on a pull system, of Adrien's design to get down to the hold. We work together on it in the morning, and then after lunch, I proceed to go off and try to figure out exactly what a Niphlem is. Then after dinner, we talk until we go off to bed.

"I guess it's better than just sprouting wings randomly," I commented, leaning up on my forearms. Down just beyond my feet was the gapping whole of the hold.

"What's going on in that head of yours?" he questioned, placing a hand atop my head. I must have gotten that look. He tells me I get this look whenever I get an idea. Said I got it before I went out for an hour to find berries to make a pie. So, not all bad ideas.

I shook his hand off my head and stood up. "Maybe I'm not starting high enough," I commented.

Adrien stayed seated, "Jumping from the third story window, was enough, stop falling from height, you'll hurt yourself."

I shrugged. "A risk I'm willing to take," I confessed before throwing myself down the hole. The familiar sound of wind rushing past my ears greeted me. As did the harsh ground. I winced in the pain of broken bones, but just stayed there. They'd heal on their own, sure in a while, but still.

I heard the soft thud of someone stepping up to me. I healed out of my closed eyes to see Adrien standing over me. I closed my eyes up again. "Leave me here for my bones to heal," I told him, trying not to wince at the pain in my lungs.

I did let one out as an arm slipped under me. "You may be able to heal, but we have to make sure they are in the right place," he informed me.

"I'm fine," I groaned, trying to roll out of his grasp, without causing any more pain. He pulled me up off the ground before I could.

Adrien held me close, as to prevent me from squirming away. "Sometimes you're more trouble than you seem," he sighed.

I let out a soft laugh. "I told you to leave me," I reminded him.

"I wouldn't be able to stand it leaving you in pain and bleeding on the cold floor," he assured me. With the familiar feeling I knew he was levitating out of the hole. He had helped me up and down a few times.

"I'm bleeding?" I questioned. I didn't feel like I was bleeding.

"You have blood dripping from you mouth," he informed me as he softly landed on the grass. "You must have injuried your lung in some way."

"Owe," I commented as if it wasn't myself inured. "Just gotta leave me to heal then." I didn't wanna burden him due to my own actions.

"Just cause you heal quickly, dosent mean it will heal properly," the blond informed me. "Lucky for you, I know medicine."

I sighed in acceptance, releasing the the tension in my body, losing a bit of pain. "I've been fine thus far," I pointed out.

"Have you always been jumping from high places?" Adrien questioned as we were approaching the castle.

I thought back to my escapades. "It was common for me to jump off of roofs," I confessed, "But I got good at redirecting my momentum."

"If I didn't know you had wings, I'd question why you love heights so much."

I just closed me eyes as I took a moment to catch the breath I was quickly loosing from talking. "But why do I have wings?"

Adrien paused his gate. Next  I knew I felt something smooth and cool against my forehead, his own. "We'll figure it out," he assured me, "Now no more talking, focus on breathing." He had noticed how my breathing became much more labored.

I wasn't sure where he was going to take me originally. Maybe the library, possibly the kitchen. I didn't expect my own room. Nothing much had changed since when I moved in. Mostly the bed was a slight mess, due to me sleeping in it.

I was softly layed down upon the mattris I had grown used to. It was strange having someone observing me though. "Rest, I'll go gather supplies," he told me, before leaving the room, and the door open behind him.

I hadn't realized just how much these injuries took out of me. Since next thing I knew I was awake, and bractically entirely wrapped in bandages. Happily I was still in my dress, dispite the fact my leggings were removed. By the bandages wrapping up my legs, I figure it was alright. Not that I didn't trust Adrien, it's just my body, and I don't want someone seeing it without my consent.

I glanced to the door to see one of the double was still open. It wasn't until a few minuets later did the blond walk in, a bowl in hand. "How are you feeling?" he asked, sitting down on the edge of the bed.

"Sore," I groaned out, as I tried to sit up. With a free hand Alucard helped me sit up.

I was surprised that he was even letting me sit up. He obviously got my thoughts from my face. "With your rate of healing, they should be nothing more than fracture by now, sitting up is perfect acceptable," he informed me, "But you do need to eat."