Chapter 27

A/N - I'm so sorry.... I should have just ended this at 25....

Adrian was missing Grace. Shortly after she left he got out of bed himself. It had been only about an hour or two since they parted, but her grew bored or rereading books. At least without her near. She'd always bring a new way oft honking of passages to books he's read since childhood. She brought so many new things to him. Adrian never want to part from her.

With not wanting to be apart from her, he went to find her. Of course he knew she would be in the hold. Adrian could only hope she hadn't found an interesting book, for if you call out to her when she has, there would be no response, and finding someone in that place is a chore of its own.

Adrian wanted to try though, to surprise her with his appearance. He was scanning the floor for her as he descended. He spotted her instantly. She was clasped on the floor, and not moving. Using the spped he'd only ever use in battle he descended the stairs to be next to her.

Adrian fell down to his knees, scooping his love up in his arms. "Grace," he called out frantically, pushing her hair out of her face. "Love!" he called out again, after feeling the fever on her skin. There were two other things he could not ignore, her sager on the ground, just fallen out of her hand, and the snow white wings unfleruled on her back.

Her chest was rising an falling rapidly as she couldn't catch a breath. Adrian felt for a pulse, finding a weak one. "Grace," he cried out again, shaking her, hoping for any response. There wasn't one. Grace was on deaths door.

Adrian swore to himself he'd never. He also never wanted to part from Grace. They'd just found each other, he couldn't lose her. He had already lost everything else. "I'm sorry, I can't lose you," he told her, not even sure if she was listening. He'd apologize for all eternity for his actions, but he couldn't think of anything else.

Alucard bared his fangs and bit into her neck, yet despite his instincts he didn't suck. He fought against it, giving her something instead. Carefully he retracted his fangs, and was quick to cover to wound. Letting her blead out would help.

He picked her up and carried her up to the surface, leaving her in the cold underground would not help. He wasn't even sure if his actions would help either. She had been biten by a werewolf before, and she stayed human. Would a vampire bite work, would a dhampire bite work?

All Adrian could do was hope.

- * -

I sat up aching. Both my body and soul. My soul had been beaten a bruised, and felt like it could crumble at any second. My body felt like it had been broken and reassembled three different times. Also stiff from not moving. I ran my hand through my hair. It was so much longer than I remembered. So much time must have passed, but I was back.

Dispite the protests of my body I climbed out of bed. I had been brought into the room I used in the castle. Adrian must have brought me in. I needed to see him. I needed to see him!

Every part of me screamed as I walked. It took so many agonizing steps to get to the door, but once there I could lean on the wall for support. I could barely clinch the door handle yet I still managed to pull it open.

The smell and sight int he hall frightened me. Blood. A fresh smell and a fresh trail. It came from Adrian's room and lead away. I needed to see him! I stumbled down the halls and down the stairs frantically following the trail. The led right to the grand entrance, both doors prepped open.

I leaned against the frame, trying tk catch my breath. It was taken away from me at the sight I saw. Two stakes on either side of the steps, a fresh, beading, human corpse stuck in both. Gazing upon them both, covered in blood was Alucard.

Something shaddered and a bounding berated me.

- * -

He looked up to the open door way. So badly he needed to see her. He wanted her to be standing right there, arms spread open for a hug.

He was surprised to find a slumpt figure there, shaking in pain. "Grace?" he questioned, taking a step forward, to approach her.

The Jody suddenly stood up straight, head held high and shoulders square. "Hello there," a voice that he heard so many times before, but a tone on it he never had before. "Thank you for keeping this body alive. As such, I'll leave you be."

The body strut down the stairs with long strides, unfamiliar strides. "Who are you and what have you done with Grace?" Adrian asked, already calling in his sword.

The body scoffed. "Oh, quite a thing love is. You two would be start crossed lovers in a tale, but in reality such a love is cursed to fail," the body commented, still walking away. "Don't worry I won't hurt our dear Grace, her souls is the only link we have to this vessel you see. She shall not be harm. I can promise you that."

"Give her back," Adrian demanded, sending his sword to stop the body from proceeding.

They just pushed the sword out of the way. "She was ours to begin with," they commented, "And you will not harm this body, for she will stoll feel the pain."

They were right. Adrian couldn't hurt Grace. Even if he didn't know it would hurt her, he couldn't harm something that wore her face. So he surrendered and watched her body worn by another walk away.

" Hope our paths never cross again Alucard," they said.