Chapter 13

I was in the midst of battle when the castle appeared. The doors opened by themselves, water rushing ree acrost the ground, turning it to mud. Any night creature the water touched hollard in dain before collapsing dead. Holly water. But as it mixed with the dirt, there was no use of it left for me. The only thing it had going for it was reflecting the red of the moon, but all water would do such.

Now that all night crawlers were dead, I had time to admire it. It loomed over everything, the forest, the ruins, and of course myself. Luckily my wound had healed before the vamipers teleported here, otherwise I would still be fighting something.

I was walking around, gathering my discarded weapons, making sure I was as armed as I could be, frightened by the fighting noises already eminating from the castle.

I was still waiting for the others to come out of the hole. I guess it wasn't easy now that all the stairs were broken. I even had the time to take a quick breather before they arrived on a floating chunk of ice.

"Took you all long enough," I commented, as I walked over to them gazing at the castle. "or did you have the team rallying speach down there without me?"

"Only you and Sypha think of us as a team," Trevor sighed, kicking a still dying night creature. I nudged it a bit with my foot, before crushing it's skull under my foot.

Syphe came up and placed a hand on my shoulder. "We are a group of people working towards the same goal, that is the definition of team," the speaker agreed.

"Hate to break up, what ever is going on here, but we have something much larger to take care of." We all turned to towering castle which cast a shadow over us all.

I pulled out my shoge and threw my coat on the ground. I couldn't have any armor weighing me down. I felt my once wounded shoulder, to find it onky needed it a stretch.

" Alucard, are you ready for this?" my brother asked Alucard who was death clearing at the building before us.

A moment didn't even pass. "No," he answered, "But let's put an end to this anyway." With that we approach the castle. Slowly we entered. We saw vampires fighting vampires, should we have questioned it, probably. Did we? No. Made our task easier.

We weren't noticed until we stood half way to the stairs. They froze and took us all in. " I scare them, Sypha confuses them. Alucard, go crazy, and we'll support you. Vendta, do whatever it is that prevent you from being killed," Trevor provided the game plan.

"I'll show you," I said calmly, "Warning this is gonna get bright." Before Trevor could fling Morning Star, I was gone in a literal flash. I reappeared right before a vampire. Before anyone could process what full happened I gripped on to the gang's head and muttered one word, "Christo." With a bright light he disintegrated to ash.

Within that moment I jew the others had gone into action, from the explosions cause my Trevor with his flail. That didn't stop some of them from keeping their attention on me. "Niphlem," man of them grumbled, as they set their eyes on me.

Before any could fully act, I did. I flung my blades in the opposite directions, monorly impaling limbs of armored vampires. I gather my powers in my hand, and with a wip, such energy slowed down the chains into the blade, and the vampire they were in. Ash fell to the ground.

The vampires were frantic. There attention for in four ways, myself, eaily disintegrating their fellows. The Stark white wolf welding a sword better than anyone else there. My brother's flail I merging from behind the flame wall. Then the flame wall.

I would have loved to sit back and see how the three fight together, as I had never gotten the chance. But I had vampires to slaughter.

I swung my chain for it to warpp around a vampires neck, and pulled tight. They clawed at the chain, trying to free themselves. I didn't use my powers to end them, instead I pulled unil I had a body and a head.

Between kills, smoke gathered at my feet. Now that couldn't be a good sign. I jumped out off the growing pool, just as it transformed into a woman in front of me. "Terrible wast of blood," I heard her frble under her breath. I threw  bladed at the woman.

She fell back into dust, once again gathering at my feet. I didn't have time to pull back my shoe. Instinct kicked Ina, and I jumped to my full height. It was as if time slowed down momentarily. She manifested right below me in my arch. I pulled tight on my shoe, which were flowing behind me. Hmthis caused them to fail straight below me. Another precise tug and they started wrapping themselves around the tall woman. With a clench of my jaw magic flowed through the chain, disintegrating the vampire trapped in them.

I landed just in time. I got to see the three take out the last two vampire. Alucard pierced one with his magic sword friend. While Trevor pulled the other to the ground with Morning Star. To finish him off, Sypha doused him in flame.

"You can teleport?" Trevor turned to look at me.

I shrugged, wrapping the chain back up. "Only in distances I can see," I explain nonchalantly.

We didn't have time to say  much else before the sound of night creatures brought our attention to our next fight, and what lies beyond there. Hope filled my heart, this nightmare for the world was coming to an end.