Chapter 8

The blond looked over at me in confusion. I could feel his golden eyes piercing in the back of my neck. "What do you mean by that?"

I stiffened under his gaze, quickly realizing my mistake. "I repeat things" shrugged it off quickly, returning to a much lighter tone. 

His gaze only hardened on me. "You're bad at lying," Alucard commented. Three options presented themselves to me. I could escape, go over the railing, down three stories and lose him in the maze of shelves. I could continue to play dumb, which he would eventually give up on questioning me about it. Finally, I could just tell him the truth. I did none of the options. I just stood the there, watching the ground, and grinding my thumps into my knuckles.

Alucard came and stood there, glaring down at me, causing me to feel even shorter than I already am. "What are you hiding Vendta?" he asked, a growled in his voice.

"I'm sorry," I choked out in fear.

He leaned down closer to me, only causing me to curl in oneself, and slide down onto the floor. I couldn't look up at him. "For what?" he asked threateningly.

I brought my knees in and hugged them to my chest. "I was there," I confessed. I felt him back up, either in disgust of confusion. I was hoping the later. "I was there when your mother died. I did nothing. I just stood there. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. " None of this would be happening if I had just said something. 

I just heard his footsteps leave me, while I just curled in on myself burying in self-pity. I knew why I did nothing, and it was pitiful. I was scared of the fire. I don't want to be burned again. Neither from tourch or stake. Fire was always used against me. The Belmont would use burning rods as punishment. I was thrown into the burning man or, to try and kill me. Then there were multiple instances of me burning at the stake. Never had it left more than a scar. The fire is a slow damage inducing weapon. Slower than my healing properties. I got burned constantly for days, and the pain is forever seared into my mind. It is to a point if there is an uncontrollable fire I just freeze. That night the light intreged me, but the fire froze me.

"That's an uncomfortable way to sleep," Trevor commented. It felt like I was sitting there for hours, and appeariently I had.

I looked up at the idiot with a glare. "I'm not sleeping," I informed him.

He crouched down so he could look me in the eye. "Maybe you should have, you've got an attitude. Not to mention you look like shit." I sighed and buried my face back into my arms.

"I can feel the kindness coming from you right now," I hissed at him. "What do you want Trevor?"

"What weapons do you have?" he questioned. He was also poking me in the arm, pretty harshly as I could feel it through my leather cuffs.

"Just my shoge," I sighed, pulling our just the blade with leaving the leather stipps clasped at my waist.

He grabbed onto my wrist and pulled, "You'll need more than that for fighting vampires," he grunted, practically dragging me by my arm.

I got up when it came to descending a ladder. I would prefer not to be thrown down one by Trevor. Even though I was using my own tow feet, I wasn't too enthusiastic about it.

He lead me to the area he had been for the past days. All of it was weapon storage, which was now in Trevor's orginization system. It was a mess. Had I been in the mood I would have commented on it, but I just wanted to be alone.

Trevor went off looking for something in his mess, will I was intently looking at a set of silver throwing knives. It been quite a while since I had used any, as I lost mine in a bar fight. Then my sword in a gambling match. Slowly I lost most my weapons in idiotic ways. Or I sold them for food. My ways brought me down to my main weapon, my shoge. They refused to teach me to use a whip, as it was for Belmont's only. Which I was not one.

Out of curiosity, and possibility of being out of practice I picked up one of the knives, at threw it at one of the many beans holding the place up. By the bright streak and loud thud, I could tell I had put my magic into it. A habit I've gain from fighting being of the night. Use every advantage you have, even if you hate it.

"Can you not break the trove?" Trevor sighed, handing me a long chain. Actually, it was two, with a double blade on one end, and a circular on the other. "And these should work better."

I grabbed the weapons from him, testing the strength and metal. They were high quality, and probably had some m enchantment on them, but such a small one that it wouldn't even matter. "Go grab the knife out of the wall and you can have that set," Trevor grumbled, "I'll find you a lonsword and daggers." He only seemed to be half there, with his mind focused on weapons and tactics.

I grabbed the strap of knives, and undid my coat to put it on under. I was expecting just to pluck the knife out of the beam, as easily as I could Trevor's. Instead I was amazed at the sight of the entire knife in the wood, only the handle sticking out. There was also a gash from the rotation the knife had been doing, all left in the beam.

"Holy fuck," Trevor commented when he came upon the sight. He handed the blade he had gathered for me. Five dangers, of varying sizes and lengths, then a long sword, the type of blade I enjoyed using to most. The word cam with a sheath attached to a belt, which held the Belmont crest. It may have meant nothing to him, but it meant everything to me.