Chapter 2

"Is that what I think it is?" I freaked out, seeing what Trevor was holding. It was almost a legend to the two of us. The chain whip, Morning Star.

Trevor glared at me, and pulled it out of my reach. "Paes of outcast," he threatened.

I pouted, and put my hands on my hip. "Rude," I gasped, "I can't believe you won't even let me see it."

I rolled his eyes. "And I can't believe you know how to open the door," he brought up that fact. I had sorta went to go grab some of my things I left on the surface. "They hadn't even taught me yet, and I'm older than you."

I exhaled in the discomfort the topic brought. "They wanted to strengthen both my mind and body," I informed him. They being our relatives, who are now dead. Not to mention further in the keep was dungeons for beasts to study. One of the man cells had been what I had known as my room. So of course the door was something quickly taught to me.

Sypha had been listening in on the two of us, and probably Alucard too. Only one seemed curious. "What are you two talking about?" Sypha questioned.

Trevor and I shared a look. "Not my place to talk," Trevor huffed, and brought his attention back to the Morning Star.

I inhaled sharply, and scratched my arm in nerves. I wasn't overly excited about sharing my story. I could at least give her a prief version. "Trevor and I am, well were... the only ones to consider me an adopted daughter of the Belmont family, well with in it. It was more of a front than anything else. As it's been said, I'm not human. So they saw me as a pet, to be trained an ordered. Then when the church excommunicated the family, they saw me as an excuse, and kicked me out."

"They trine the crest from your clothes and threw you into the burning mannor," Trevor, unnecessarily adding. "Quite pointless, as the mob came only minuets later and killed most of them."

I looked to the ground, letting out a long sigh. "I know."

"But it's also how I figure out you weren't human," Trevor confessed, "You were the only one to survive the fire." A silence surrounded us all.

I quickly looked for a change of subject, hopping to make the tone much lighter. "How long are we planing in staying here, because if we're staying a while, I'd be willing to go buy food from a near by village," I offered, pulling out a small bag of gold coins, all that's left from my most recent job.

There was a grumble that came from my brother. I recognized it as a, "You do that." Trevor was really the only language I ever needed to learn.

I nodded, and took of my coat, as it was basically armor and had my weapons stored in it. Didn't need to give anyone any reason to attack me. But I did replace it with a traveling cloak, as it was cold out. Not to mention my dark red hair is both a signal of a witch, and a recognizable trait of me. It may have been ten years, but villagers remeber who they hate.

"Any requests?" I asked the treo. I wasn't even answered with mumbles. I shrugged, flipped up the hood, and headed back up to the surface again.

Once I was surface, I called for my horse. He was a dark stallion I named Galavant. I tamed him after finding him wild in a feild. He still survives that way, just comes when I call.

I saw him galloping up to me. I started running down the once worn path. Once he was at my side I swung up onto the bareback, Gal increasing in soead the moment my feet left the ground.

I was half way to the nearest village when I saw someone walking on the side of the road, shivering in the cold. I brought Gal down to a trot, then to a stop. "Excuse me," I called down to the woman, "Do you need any help?" I asked her, kindness in my voice.

"Please," she gasped out, "I escaped from the horde with nothing." She seemed to be on the cusp of tear.

I hopped down from my horse, untying my cloak as I did. I quickly wrapped it around her, ignoring the cool air nipping at me arms. "It'll be alright," I assured her. I pulled two gold coins from my pouch. "I wish I could give you more, but this is all I can spare."

"Thank you," she cried out, holding the coins to her chest. "You are an angel." She bowed her head in gratitude.

I shook my head, "I'm just doing the right thing." She looked up at me with bright eyes. "If you cobti ue down this bath you shall come to a village. I'm actually head there now, would you care for a ride, my house can easily hold us both."

"You've done more than enough," the woman shook her head. "I couldn't ask for any more."

"Let me at least give you a ride to the village," I pleaded, "I won't be able to think clearly unless I know you're safe."

After helping the woman onto my horse we were off. What would have taken an after noon to walk, we did in five minuets at Galavant going full speed. I stopped just outside of town, knowing how awkward it would be to bring Gal into town with me. He never like cities, let alone stables.

The woman and I quickly parted ways. She went to go look for shelter, while I went to go food shopping. As I walked through town I could feel all the glares on me. They hadn't forgotten. They hadn't forgotten the scarlet red hair of the Belmont daughter. As long as I didn't prevoke them, I would be just fine.