Chapter 10

"What happened?" Sphya asked, stumbling on the two of us. We were both sitting on the ground, legs spread out, and all our weight against a bookshelf. Not to mention I was 0ale and cradling a injured arm. While Alucard was over here, with my blood on his mouth.

" A couple of idiots making mistakes," I said breathlessly. Strangely, I wasn't bouncing back like I would usually.

Alucard shrugged, "I'd say the only one making mistakes would be Vendta," the guy teased me.

"I am a mistake," I said with a mistakable slight laugh.

Sypha crouched down next to me, brushing some hair out of my face. "Are you alright Deta?" she asked, using the nickname Trevor had given me as a young child.

I lightly smiled, "Just a bit light head, and tired. I should be fine after a nap" I assured her.

She padded me head. "You should do that then, we all need all the strength we can get." She stood up and return to her book search.

I absently nodded starting to stand up to go to my room on the dungeon of the hold. "Stay," Alucard held me down, "Allow me." He disappeared, only to reappear a moment later with my bag, handing it to me. I pulled out my blanket, with was more a deer pelt, and there it around me, as I let out a yawn.

I was prepaired to use my bag as a polled, but the dhampire guided me down to use his lap instead. "Rest," he cooed, stroking his hand through me hair.

The soothing repition was only making my weighted eyelids  heavier. But suddenly he stopped. He lightly grazed over the skin covering my spine where it left my skull. "What's this?" curiosity brought him to ask.

"My name" I sighed through my half sleep. On the nape of my neck are five symbols of a language only I appear to know. They've been there since I arrived at the doorstep of the Belmont estate. Ever time I see it in a mirror I can't make sense of the symbols, but there is a buzzing in my mind, and a singular word comes to me. I get the feeling that word is me, in a sense.

"Beautiful," I heard Alucard whisper softly as I drifted to sleep.

"Too beautiful for the likes of you," he sneared. I was fully energized with that one statement. His strokes became harsher and harsher, until his was practically gougingg it out with his nail. I just layed there and took it. "You're selfish. Too lazy to do anything to help another. So what if you were scared? Your pitiful life is worth nothing compaired to my mother's. You're nothing but a freak and you don't even know know how freakish you are. But what more could I expect from a Belmont."

I was curled up on the ground, completely alone, just listening to all the insults thrown at me." Hey Brat," Trevor yelled out. I glanced up to find a glare on his face. " This thing isn't a Belmont." He hissed, with a sharp kick in my side, pushed me away. "Don't lump me in with that freak. If anything it's the Belmont's pet. A well trained one at that."

Suddenly the sound of heated iron rang though my ears I sat up straight and stuck my arms out in front of me. "Perfectly trained," the voice of the Belmont echoed around me. "Dosnet even need orders anymore."

A hot stinging sensation priced in my back. I bit down on my lip to stop from screaming. It didn't stop me from waking though. I shook so much it was startling. To the point I was awake.

"Vendta," a soft voice cooed as a finger gentally pushed my hair off of my sweat soaked forehead. I sat up grooggilly, taking notice of the yellow eyes watching me. "Are you all right, you were shaking and whimpering in your sleep."

I was silent for a moment, processing that all of what happened was a dream. It was nothing new, I had nightmares all the time of all the times I've been toutured. It's just the first part was new. "Just a nightmare, "I sighed.

" Do you wish to talk about it?"Alucard asked, pulling my blanket up and wrapping it around my shoulders.

I ran my hand over my arm and shook my head. I felt something that usually wasn't there. A simple wrapping was around my scabbed arm. "Did you do this?" I questioned. It had to be, as I couldn't do it, and it would be a bit awkward if either of the other two had.

"I don't want you to pick open the scab. I doubt I'd easily control myself then," he confessed. I tilted my head in confusion. He snickered and shook his head. "It must be your inhuman blood, but it is very alluring. It is the most delicious thing I've ever tasted."

That was strange for one thing, and I couldn't easily think of a response. "Thanks I guess," I shrugged.

"It is indeed a compliment," he assured me grabbing my injured arm. "And I'm sure you'll be able to use that knowledge as a weapon." I thought about it for a second. If my blood was alluring to him, it had to be so for other vampires as well.

There was many ways I could use this fact, but only one came to mind. "I could be vampire bait," I declared.

"How about you think of something else," Alucard pleaded, "I wouldn't like to know how your brother would reaspond to those actions."

"Trevor's an ass," I scoffed, leaning back against the bookshelf. This time around I wsd keeping my voice low. "If it gives us an edge against the enemy, let's do it."

I small laugh came from the man sitting next to me. "Do much determination from someone who's not obligated to fight."

"Who says I gave no obligation to?" I questioned, "If anyone dosent I'd say it would be Sypha."