Rwby Vol. 8 Part 9

--Jack's POV--

Rushing into the insides of the Grimm whale, we catch our breaths as we ran away from something...

Yang: Well, that was harrowing... | Jaune: We're not in the clear yet. We still have to search this whole thing and find Oscar before the Ace Ops blow us to pieces. | Jack: We'll be on the look out for his aura. (Niko nods) | Yang: It's going to be like finding a needle in a giant...whale, why did we think this was a good idea? | Ren: I think I can help too. I can sense spikes of people's emotions, I think. It happened on Winter's ship. If I focus my aura, I can keep it up. | Yang: *surprised* Okay. That's new. One of them should be Oscar then.

Ren: I can sort of tell where they are, but not who, unlike Jack or Niko's sort of aura radar ability. They're more of less in the same area though. Further in. I can lead. | Jaune: *grabs his shoulder* Hey, you don't have to drain yourself. I can help too. | Ren: *pensive* Yeah, good thinking. Thanks. | Jack: *smiles* Well! | Jaune: *finger guns* Lead the way.

--Meanwhile, Oscar's POV--

The little boy lays on the ground, bruised and beaten up as he recalls a fairytale.

Oscar: She brushed off her bumps and bruises, for nothing hurt worse than the loneliness in her chest. | Ozpin: I recognize that, The Girl Who Fell Through The World? | Oscar: Heh, I shouldn't be surprised that you're so familiar with fairytales. | Ozpin: I've lived through my share of them. How are you holding up? | Oscar: I thought the idea of falling through Remnant into a new world was exciting. I never understood why she was so sad when she finally made it back home, but now, it makes more sense.

Ozpin: She wasn't the same girl anymore. | Oscar: Yeah... | Ozpin: I...think this plan to divide might have run its course. It's time we start thinking about a way out. Not having our cane certainly limits the options, so... | Oscar: *turns his body painfully* No, I don't like what happens when we use magic. Every time we use it, I can feel us merging faster. I'm...not ready for that. | Ozpin: I don't blame you. Honestly, I think you're doing just fine on your own.

The flesh door opens up and Hazel comes in. Oscar lays back down before big burly man yanked him from the ground. Bringing him to where the Lamp of Knowledge resides, he tosses Oscar and approached the Relic.

Oscar: Why did you bring me here? | Hazel: ...I've been thinking about what you said. If it's a lie and I took that lie to Salem, the punishment would fall on my head before yours. If what you said is true and I used the password myself, well, I don't know what happens when this thing activates. So let's see if you're bluffing. | Oscar: You want me to summon her? | Hazel: Either way, it'll tell me what I need to know. | Emerald: What are you doing?

Emerald comes in and seemingly appeared out of nowhere, looking worried. 

Hazel: Hrm...let's find out. (he walks to Emerald's side as Oscar stood to his feet) | Oscar: *deep inhale* Jinn.

Blue fog exudes out of the lamp as time slows down to a halt. The laid back genie, Jinn, appears once more and first saw Oscar.

Jinn: Why, hello again, old man. Did you have a question for me? (Oscar kindly waves hello before looking towards Hazel and Emerald) | Hazel: Actually, I think all my questions are answered now.  | Oscar: What are you going to do? | Hazel: *closes his eyes* What Gretchen would've done, and that starts with getting you away from here. (opens his eyes and looks at Emerald) Both of you. (Emerald looks at him with worry) | Oscar: I'm going to need something before I go.

Jinn: So, just to be clear, none of you have a question for me? | Oscar: *puts his hand together in an apologizing manner* No, but we'll be bringing you with us. | Hazel: The moment we move that thing, this place goes on high alert. Better to get you out first. | Oscar: But...  | Hazel: I'll come back for it, not like she knows the password anyway.