The Blues of the soul

F/n side story

Year: 2020

Raindrops slam against the apartment windows as f/n lays on the couch, bored, staring up towards the ceiling as "lounge act" by Nirvana played from a nearby record player

Raindrops slam against the apartment windows as f/n lays on the couch, bored, staring up towards the ceiling as "lounge act" by Nirvana played from a nearby record player. His hands are raised in the air, fingers covered in bandaids moving to play an instrument, not in his hands but rather sitting beside him as he does his best to keep up. He found this to be the best way for him to learn, just listening to it and trying to imagine how they played it so he could as well. It was hard at first, felt impossible since he didn't want to be taught and instead learn on his own from scratch but he'd made it far enough to say he's proud of himself for once. Proud of an actual accomplishment that didn't hurt anyone in the end like his job did.

A cigarette hung limply from his lips, already burnt out and used though he didn't put in the effort to put it in the ashtray, instead, he just spat it away, leading it to land across his coffee table piling with magazines and empty pop cans. He was too caught up in the music, how it made him feel as he focussed on honing his craft that he'd never reveal to anyone, even to people like Majima, Kiryu or Ryuji whom he trusted dearly. No, this slice of peace was simply for himself, he wanted to play music just for his own ears with no one else to comment on it.

For once he wanted to be a bit selfish, just to keep this little passion of his completely locked away for his heart. His cold, usually unmoving heart felt somewhat alive when he played music when he listened to that small voice calling out, urging him to sing or pick up a guitar. He started hearing this voice, his passion for music, when his target for the night decided to hang out in an underground club with a live band. It was an easy job, an easy kill leaving f/n sometime after to hang around and eventually slip out luckily, the worry of a body to deal with wasn't one he had to deal with that night so he decided to linger.

He never was interested in these types of places, he just found them too flashy, and he didn't enjoy people pushing or shoving their way past him, but he decided to stay for a few minutes to look a little less suspicious. He listened in on conversations with disinterest, only for once silence go fill the small building. He blended into the crowd using his small height to his advantage so he could slip through people and sit himself down on a nearby chair. He watched as a band walked onto the small stage though no one really paid attention himself; they announced their name but once again, no reaction.

The group began playing, and it was as if a wave hit him. He watched with winded eyes as the small group played with passion. More eyes began to drift towards the group as f/n's stayed locked on, specifically the main singer who also played electric guitar. He did both with such ferocity and heart put into the performance, letting out all his emotions into the performance noticing how not many paid attention except for the young boy who sat near a corner of the room. At seeing this, he smiled and played even harder, even better than he did before making f/n's face smile.