A new fathers plight

f/n sidestory

Year: 2002F/n age: 19

Year: 2002
F/n age: 19

To most people f/n was a stoic and ruthless assassin who never felt an emotion other than emptiness in his life which was true to some extent but those close to him knew different. Underneath his stone-cold shell of professionalism was a 19-year-old who wanted hope in his bleak life of constant bloodshed. Many would think he didn't deserve that (even himself) but those who did care for him knew he deserved this.

He didn't deserve to think it was better for him to rot in the darkness alone as everyone slowly watched his mental state deteriorate. Unknowingly their prayers would alone be answered one night after he returned from a hit.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

Rain pattered down on f/n and his black coat as he walked towards his small dingy apartment building with a cold breeze swiftly blowing past him. A cigarette was held between his fingers Despite being 19 and knowing that if Kiryu found out he was smoking when he got out of jail...but for now he didn't care. He didn't care if his lungs turned black and he'd one day possibly cough up blood or he'd have to cough every second sentence till he died at age 27.

He didn't care for himself or the world in general except for the few friends he had and considered his only family. The world could go fuck itself for all he cared as long as the only people he held close were safe and happy. "Maybe I should go out for a drink with ryuji later" he mumbled walking up the steps to where his apartment was while pulling out a lighter, he stopped for a moment to light his cigarette and take a deep drag from it before breathing it out. The city lights of kamurocho glistened like the stars he loved but couldn't see in the city sky anymore.

That was the only thing he hates about this place other than the sleezy vermin's who stalked the streets at night. He sighed beginning to walk again towards his door when spotting something odd at its doorstep, something the size of a small shoebox laid there wrapped in a blanket laid there unmoving for a moment Till he saw a small hand reach up from it. His eyes widened at this revelation especially since he expected it to be some sort of bomb but definitely not a child. He almost immediately raced towards the doorstep to investigate to find a baby around 1 or 2 months old laying there shivering in the wet cloth that swaddled it. A note was placed atop the cloth saying — "next time use a condom. It's yours and I don't want this to be my responsibility anymore, do whatever you want with it just don't bring it back".

After reading the note he almost immediately collapsed to the cold wet cement ground and gently picked up the swaddled baby who cried quietly. His thumb gently swiped their cheek gaining the babies attention and making it move its tiny hand to grab at him finger. Tears unknowingly leaked from his eyes looking down at the baby- no his child as a whirlwind of emotions went through him. Was he good enough to be a father?, even though his hands are forever dyed in blood along with the fact he never had a father figure in his life.

He wasn't really sure what to do yet but he pondered what to do something shook him from his thoughts and that was seeing your eyes. They innocently looked up at him reminding him of the days of living in the street as a child hoping that he'd one day escape that life. Seeing that snapped something in him making him decided on that spot that he'd keep you no matter how many hardships he'd have to through. He gently cradled you to his chest getting up from the wet cement and quickly entered his homes to change you out of the wet cloth.

It took a moment but he quickly retrieved a towel and unwrapped you from the cloth and began drying you. He honestly didn't have a clue what to do next but after drying you from the cold rain he spotted his phone laying nearby on the coffee table. Seems like he'd have to give kazuma a call since he knew how to care for babies...maybe he'd also give Majima a message as well but when he had a proper set up for you.

He began dialling Kazuma's number and waiting for the old man to pick up looking down at you before realizing he never gave you a name yet. He wasn't really sure what were good names or bad ones but maybe he'd ask Majima or ryuji, if Kiryu was out of jail he might've asked him but....knowing how Kiryu named a chicken nugget maybe it was for the best he didn't ask for suggestions.

"F/n what do I owe the pleasure?" Kazuma said now picking the phone making f/n sigh in relief, "I have a situation at my house. Can you get here quickly?, you'll know what's happening when you get here" he said emotion welling up in his voice making his friend confused for a moment. Kazuma had never heard the young assassin sound so emotional over something before making him reply "I'll be there in a few minutes.".

After hearing this f/n hung up putting his phone down and them looking back down at your small form. During the call you fell asleep in his arms wrapped in the towel, he held you a bit closer to himself as he waiTed for Kazuma to arrive.

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

When Kazuma got a call from f/n he certainly didn't expect to find the 19 year old holding a child in his arms when welcoming him in. Now seeing the child in the boy's arms he immediately knew why he called him in the dead of night suddenly and why he was so emotional. From looks alone he could tell the kid was f/n's since they had the same skin tone and his signature star birthmark on the back of their shoulder.

"So...do you have a name for them yet" kazuma asked sitting down beside f/n who held you close to him, "not yet...I'm not good with names" he admitted before adding "and calling you was my main priority since you know what I need to care for them". "You want to care for them yourself right?. You know that's a big responsibility" kazuma warned making f/n nod and then look down at you with a small smile, "I know but...I'm willing to take the risk" he answered making his smile bigger as kazuma looked at him. A small smile invaded kazuma's face as well as he watched the scene infront of him.

Kazuma has always felt allot of guilt never being able to stop f/n from becoming an assassin like he did and seeing how the young boy was basically a blank slate for his entire life. He wondered sometimes if perhaps he had been able to find him when he was younger and brung him to sunflower orphanage maybe he would've ended up in a happy family. But...maybe now he had that chance.

"I think I know the basics of caring for a kid but...since your more experienced in this I was wondering if you could give me some help" f/n said looking back up towards the older man before holding you out to him, kazuma gently took you in his arms and looked down at you with a friendly gaze. "I'm fine with helping, but first we should find them a name" kazuma ordered making f/n nod in agreement.

The two began to think of names for awhile after shooting some down, it took at least an hour of jotting down and scratching out names but f/n finally decided to name you y/n. After that kazuma began giving f/n tips on how to properly care for you before he left wishing f/n luck.

his wish for a light in his life that night was made beside the promise that you'd never have to experience what he did as a child.