Chapter 24

Author Chan - so im really bad at writing fight scenes so I give yaal full permission to roast me in the comments 🌚
—————————————————————-
I woke up to a sudden forward force. I fell forward because of the sudden stop of the train. I managed to catch my balance and I looked around confused. "The train stopped let's go. We're gonna be late" Shoto said. I nodded and left the train with him. While we were walking, I touched my pocket and checked if I had my phone.

'You know where the agency is right?' I signed to him making sure. He hummed in response. We walked for a little bit more and I admired how the city looked. The buildings were tall and it smelled like coffee and cakes wherever we went. I felt more alive, the sound of the cars, the shining sun, the smell of food. It was all so different from where we were. "You like it here?" He asked me. I nodded my head at him smiling. 'Kind of boring when your constantly in the same place everyday' I signed to him. He smiled and stared admiring the city with me as well.

We were walking for a little bit more until Shoto and I entered a building. It smelled like  something was burning. Way more unpleasant that what the smell was outside. Someone came to us and greeted us, he was old and wearing a suit. He looked like a butler. "The hero's for the internships right?" He asked us in a formal voice. "Yeah, for Endeavour" Shoto said. "Come this way" he said. We walked down the hall and were led to a door. The burning smell was much stronger, it didn't make me feel good. The butler guy opened the door and there was Endeavour, with his desk burning on fire. I stepped back a little and looked at him. He seemed angry.

"Your late" he said to us. "It took us some time to find the building" Shoto replied back clearly angry. "You. The blue fire you made at the Festival. Do it again now." he said to me. I stepped forward just a little bit and lit my hand with blue fire. I stopped after 5 seconds. "Why did you stop?" He asked me with the flames on his face raging more. "The fire burns her hand if you use it too long, that's why she's here." Shoto said and pulled me back next to him.

"Go to your rooms and put your hero costumes. Meet us back for patrol outside" he said. The butler man led us upstairs to two separate rooms. They were right next to each other, I stepped inside one while Shoto stepped inside the other. To be honest, the room was not small at all. It was pretty big. I opened my hero costume box and changed into it. I explored the room a little bit and it was pretty cool. I walked out of the room and walked to where I saw Endeavour.

I saw Shoto and Endeavour waiting for me. I stood beside Shoto looking at the outside view. "Y/N right?" Endeavour asked me. I nodded my head with a smile. He pulled out a pair of black gloves which were thin but thick at the same time. "Put these on" he said to me his voice still angry. I put the gloves on and they fit perfectly. "Try your fire" With that sentence, I lifted up both my palms and lit them on fire. I expected the fabric to burn but it didn't. My hands didn't burn either. I looked at Endeavour with a open mouthed smile.

"Keep them" He said. I clapped my hands and looked to Shoto. He gave me a small smile. I checked if my illusions worked through the gloves as well, so I made a knife which was successful. 'There perfect!' I thought while we started walking. We were patrolling and I had way too much energy and I didn't know why. "Stop moving so much. Your a hero not a child" Endeavour growled at me. I heard Shoto try and keep in his laugh. I smiled at Endeavour and didn't stop moving.

We continued our walk until Endeavour decided to take a break. We stopped at a park and I saw so many tiny children running around and playing. While Endeavour and Shoto sat down actually taking a break, I went and started playing with some of the children. "Hello Miss! Would you like to play tag with me?" One of the small children asked me. He looked around 5 years old. I crouched down so I was at his level. I smiled at him and nodded. He started running around while I faked trying to catch him. I caught him and lifted him in the air.