♡Let's race together♡

Watching Lia walking with her new friends made Dandelion very happy

She gets proud of Lia for taking the first step. She knows how hard this is for Lia as she can hear Lia's inner voice which is at the moment full of doubts and confusion.

Sure Lia likes Derek and everyone but she still has her doubts because this city is new to her and she met them all for the first time, she doesn't want her past to repeat itself.

While walking with them, Lia continuously keeps on going back to her memory lane, she continuously thinks about her middle school experiences. She is happy to walk with them but at the same time, she fears what if her past repeats itself. She knows they are good humans, but once upon a time she also thought Sophie was good. Her mind gets filled with confusion, She is very happy to be with them but at the same time, she is struggling inside.

Dandelion understood Lia's feelings, she knew that only time can stop Lia's heart from these doubts and confusions. Spending some time with Derek and others will help Lia understand them and soon her doubts will disappear.

Lia never hesitated to open her heart to Dandelion because to her Dandelion is like a true companion. She lived her entire childhood listening to The Tale of the wishing flower fairy. For Lia Dandelion is someone she knows for the longest time. She opened her heart to Dandelion easily because with her she felt like home in an instant.

Dandelion understood Lia's worry but this time she didn't help her come out of it because she notices there is someone else who has noticed Lia's worry.

"No need to be stressed, I understand this place and everything is new for you but at least you had a good first day, so smile and say no to worrying too much," says Derek gently looking at Lia making a small fist of encouragement with the sweetest smile.

Derek's smile melts Lia's heart, she smiles back hesitantly and says "you all are so nice, please forgive my awkwardness".

"Don't worry much, I was just like you when I first met Derek, we were so awkward with each other but then with time all our awkwardness disappeared and we became best friends," says Kai fist-bumping Derek.

"Yes don't worry much, together let's make our high school life fun," says Rimi affectionately grabbing Lia's right arm.

"Yes Let's make lots of memories together," says Kiya cheerfully hugging Lia's left arm.

"So do you wanna make some awesome memories with us Lia?" says Derek putting his hand in front of Lia.

Lia looks at Derek's green eyes and says "yes" putting her hand on Derek's hand. Rimi, Kiya, and Kai put their hands on Lia's hand and together they shout "to us".

To celebrate their friendship and the first day of their high school Derek suggests racing to the nearest ice cream parlor and everyone agrees. Everyone starts running together but Kiya reaches the parlor first, Kai reaches three seconds after Kiya. Derek and Lia reach together and then Rimi comes at last huffing and puffing.

Lia offers her water bottle to Rimi asking her if she's ok. "Oh, thank you I am ok, I am just not so athletic!" replies Rimi huffing and puffing taking the water bottle from Lia.

"You are fast," says Kai proudly giving Lia a thumbs up.

"Nothing compared to you and Kiya," says Lia awkwardly giving Kai double thumbs up.

Derek softly laughs looking at Lia and tells her that Kiya and Kai are from a family of athletes.

Lia looks at Kiya and Kai and tells them it must be amazing to be part of such an incredible family.

Kiya replies saying "yea.. and also you have to deal with some great expectations", "but with your talent, you can easily meet their expectations Kiya," says Kai putting his hand on Kiya's head.

Kiya nods just a little and then asks Lia about her dream. Lia gets a little embarrassed and tells her that her dream isn't that big but she wishes to open her bakery shop, she tells them that she loves baking.

"No dream is big or small and you have such a sweet dream Lia," says Kiya holding Lia's both hands.

After listening to Lia's dream, Rimi tells her about her aunt who is opening up a bakery shop and is looking for a part-timer. Rimi asks Lia if she is interested in it and Lia says, "yes" hurriedly because she was looking for a part-time job and this job is like her dream job.

"Nice it'll be a good opportunity for you, you can gain some experience," says Dandelion eating ice cream.

Lia gets surprised by Dandelion's voice because this whole time Lia thought Dandelion must have fallen asleep floating in the air.

Dandelion tells Lia that she was just quietly observing.

"Looks like you have made some nice friends Lia," says Dandelion eating her ice cream and Lia replies saying, "I think so too!".

Derek comes closer to Lia and asks her softly "What's wrong? What are you mumbling?" Lia starts blushing feeling Derek so close and replies "oh no nothing.. just.. Uhm.. Let's go inside and have some ice cream."

Together they all had ice cream and their giggles filled the street.

After that, they all headed in their direction saying "let's meet tomorrow" to each other, and it turns out Lia's apartment is a couple of blocks away from Rimi's and Derek's home.

It takes time to understand someone.
Sometimes it can take a little longer and sometimes it can take less than an hour.
You just need to find a connection.
And how do you find that connection?
Lia learned that today.

When Lia shut herself from the world, she did it from both sides. But today after talking with everyone she realised the importance of communication. By sharing her thoughts and by listening to their stories Lia found that little connection with them. And by spending some more time together with them in the future, She might find more of that connection.

After all, they all are teenagers who are running together to different destinations finding themselves and chasing their dreams.

to be continued...

---⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾---

---⁽⁽ଘ( ˊᵕˋ )ଓ⁾⁾---

💜 Thank you for Reading 🧚
🦄Love&Believe💗