Eighteen.

When the Summer Holidays came, we were delighted to finally get home. We were all 17, meaning we were of age and could use magic outside of school without consequences. We were all very excited about it.

It was pretty much like last summer. Remus came over a few times, and a few times I went to him. A few times I even went to visit Dorcas, to spend some time with my best friend. Being professional Quidditch players now, my brother and Matt Mckinnon reserved a box for all of our friends for the Quidditch World cup. James said that he would see what his dad could pull, but he wasn't sure all of us would be able to go. Now, thanks to mine and Marlene's older brothers, we were able to spend the day together.

My mum was coming too, to act as supervisor along with Fleamont and Euphemia Potter. Ten teenagers is a lot to manage alone, so my mum would be there as a buffer for the Potters. Remus mentioned that Sirius was nervous about running into his family while we were there, but there was a chance that they wouldn't be there, but considering this was going to be such a high profile event them not being there was a long shot.

Us teenagers were sharing one big tent, and the parents were sharing one together. We set up our tents and got situated before eating lunch for the day. Both Euphemia Potter and my mum were treating Sirius like he was their favorite child. They both have a soft spot for him after last summer. My mum hugged him tightly the second she saw him, and she's been telling him how happy he looks and how happy she was that he was with the Potters all day.

James looked like his father, but he had his mother's eyes. Round and chocolate brown. Euphemia told me that Sirius speaks very highly about me. That I was one of the most clever witches of his age, and that I was responsible for bringing him and Marlene together, and I had a hand in helping Lily realize that she liked James, too.

I shrugged and played it cool and said, "I just want my mates to be happy."

Everything was going great today, and then Matt Mckinnon arrived. He popped in our tent to say hello. His mother and father trailing behind him. He saw me and I held his attention. He smiled so wide and said, "There's the best Seeker is Gryffindor History!" And he hugged me tight, even picked me up a little bit. As we hugged he said, "How are you, Ellie?"

"I'm great, Matt," I said as he put me back onto the ground. "How are you? Playing for the Cannons sounds like a dream for you."

"Yeah, it feels like a dream most of the time," he says, smiling at me still. "James told me that you secured the House Cup again at the end of the season. I bet McGonagall was very happy about that."

"She was very pleased, yes," I say nodding.

I felt an arm drape around my shoulders, I knew it was Remus. Jealous Boyfriend Mode has been activated. I wrapped my arm around his torso in response. Remus kept his voice cordial with Matt, even though I knew he probably wanted to rip his head off right now. "Hi Matt. It's been a long time."

"Yeah, it sure has," Matt replied, a now fake looking smile on his face. "I see you two are still going strong. What's it been now? A year?"

"And three months, yeah," Remus replies, nodding.

The next words Matt spoke were very forced. "Congrats guys, that's awesome."

"Thanks," said Remus, and he smiled.

Matt patted my shoulder, "See you guys around after the game," and then he walked off. Remus scoffed. It made me chuckle.

"I like your jealous side," I  admit, quietly, so only he heard it.

"Oh yeah? " he asks, a chuckle in his voice.

"Yeah," I say, turning so I am now standing directly in front of him. "I like to see your more possessive side. It reminds me how much you love me."

He smiles fondly at that response. "I do love you, and I don't like the way he looks at you. You're mine."

"I am," I assure him. "Yours and only yours. Just like you're mine."

"Yours and only yours," he repeated, that smile still on his face.

That was when my brother entered the tent to say hello to our mum. I got so excited to see him that I ran over to him and I jumped on him. He caught me in his arms and held me tight. "I have missed you so much!" He said as we hugged.

"Me too!" I told him, and then he put me down. He was always clean shaven, but he's got scruff now. Not a full beard, but scruff. It actually worked on him. But of course it did. Archie was just that guy that could pull off anything. "I like your scruff."

"Thanks, it's something new I'm trying out."

"I think he looks like a lumberjack," my mum said as she reached us. She hugged my brother and kissed his cheek.

"Hi mum," said Archie softly.

Remus was next to us then, he greeted Archie happily. Archie smiled at him. "Hey Remus, glad to see you two are still going strong."

"Of course," says Remus, sounding proud.

"Good, good," said Archie, nodding. His blue eyes started scanning the room and then he stopped when he saw something that obviously caught his eye. "Who is your friend?" He asked, keeping his eyes in that direction.

I turned my head quickly and saw Mary and Dorcas talking to each other. I turned back to him. "You know Dorcas, Archie."

"Obviously I know her. I meant the girl next to her. The brunette."

"That is my friend, Mary," I tell him. "She shares a dorm with me in Gryffindor Tower."

"She's pretty," he says, finally looking at us again. "Will you introduce me to her later?"

I shrugged, "I can't see why that would be a problem."

Archie smiled, "Cool, thanks."

After we got our thing situated, us kids went on a walk. While on this walk, I told Mary that my brother was interested in her and wanted me to introduce them later tonight during the game. She seemed very excited to hear this news.

We saw a bunch of different vendors selling different things. Merchandise for the two teams playing tonight were the biggest selling items. We were on our way back to. The tents when we ran into Sirius's biggest fear. His parents and little brother. Sirius tried to avoid them, but it seemed like that his family actually had another idea.

Regulus actually approached, saying his mother and father required him to say hello to his cousin Narcissa and her new husband, Lucius Malfoy. They were also joined by the current Minister of Magic. Sirius said he wouldn't unless Marlene came with him. Regulus looked at him and then to Sirius and said, "As long as she knows her place."

Marlene took a step forward, her hand still intertwined in Sirius's, and said, "Oh believe me. I know my place."

Sirius turned to look at Remus, he stepped up to us and in a whisper he said, "Go tell Effie there's been a Code Black. She'll know what that means." Remus nodded in response. Sirius looked at his brother. "Let's get this over with."

"Let's go alert Mrs. Potter," Remus said and we started off for the tents as fast as we could without running there. As soon as we got there, Remus wasted no time. "There's been a Code Black! Sirius said you'd know what that would mean."

Euphemia Potter turned and looked dead at Remus. Anger suddenly burned in her eyes. My mum stood up from her spot at the table, and she spoke in a voice that told me she had that same fire burning in her, too. "Eloise, Remus, take us to them. The rest of you stay here."

We took the mums to where they were, Sirius looked absolutely miserable. Remus and I stood back, but close enough for us to hear everything as Euphemia and my mum went into full on Lioness Mother mode.

"Sirius," Effie called, "Sirius, darling, it's time you and Marlene came back to the tent before the game starts. We've been making dinner all afternoon."

Sirius's mother didn't like that very much. "My son isn't going anywhere."

My mother speaks up then, "I don't believe that is up to you."

"Excuse me," said Sirius's father, "Exactly who are you?"

My mum finally started to let her anger out. "I am the woman who took your son in the night you used the Cruciatus Curse on him," she pointed at Effie, "And she has been taking care of him since that night. That's who we are."

I gasped. I didn't know that they had done that to him. He never said anything. He must have told my mum that night, when they were alone after she sent me in the kitchen to make coco. My heart broke for him. Remus held me in place with an arm around me, otherwise I would have run to hug him.

"Come on dear," My mum put a hand onto Sirius's shoulder and took him back from his family. Marlene followed them. Euphemia rounded in on the Black's one last time.

"He might be of age now, but he's still a child. He's not a pawn in your sick game. He left your despicable family, now leave him alone. He doesn't want anything to do with any of you."

She stalked off then over to us. We all turned around and followed her to the tent. Marlene held onto Sirius's arm the entire walk. My mum had a hand of his shoulder. I stood behind everyone with Remus, holding onto his arm too. I was still shaken from the news of Orion and Walburga using the Cruciatus Curse on him.

The Tourture Curse. They had used the Torture Curse on their son. That's totally sick. Sirius was quiet when we got back to the tent. He sat at the table. I sat next to him. Marlene went to get Sirius some water.

"You didn't tell me they tourtured you the night you left," I say. I couldn't help it. It what was on my mind.

"I didn't want to talk about it," he said, sounding sheepish.

"I'm sorry that happened to you," I say, placing one of my hands over his.

"It's fine. I got out of there. I got disowned from the family, but it was worth it."

"I'm glad you're out of there," I tell him, keeping my voice soft.

"Thanks," he says, his voice very soft. Marlene was at the table now, and she played the water down in front of Sirius. "Thank you, darling." She kissed his cheek, and started to stroke his hair, comforting him. "Regulus had the Dark Mark."

"He did?" I ask in order to suppress a gasp. The Dark Mark was the symbol of a Death Eater. They use it to summon Lord Voldemort, and he uses it to summon them as well. It's also used to show the world you're one of his supporters, too.

He looks down at his folded up hands. "He's only sixteen."

"He's made his choice," I remind him, "Just like how you have made yours."

He nods, "You're right. And he will be on the losing side in the end. Because at the end of the year, when we're done with school, James and I start training to become Aurors. I will take down every single Dark Wizard I can, even if it's him. He will get what is coming to him."

"You're going to be a great Auror, sweetie," said Euphemia, as she set down some food in front of Sirius and kissed his head. She called the rest of the kids in then, and served us all dinner before we headed up to the box to watch the game. It was Scotland VS France. France won after an hour and a half of playing.

The Quidditch World cup was so fun. We finished up the night with some hot coco and we all sat on the floor in our makeshift beds. We wanted to have a pillow fort bed in our tent since us kids got one to ourselves. At about midnight, I rested my head on Remus's chest and he wrapped an arm around me and kissed my forehead. Marlene was sitting in between Sirius's legs, using his body like a chair that reclined. Lily was sitting close to James, so close their legs were touching, but that was it.

"Oh don't tell me that you're tired, Ellie," said Sirius, teasingly.

"So what if I am?" I asked with a bit of sass in my tone.

"It's alright, darling, you can lay on me. I don't mind," replied Remus. One of his large hands was now rubbing my back, and I couldn't help it, I was asleep in about 5 minutes.

I didn't know how long I had been sleeping when I was woken by Remus, who said it was time to lay down and go to sleep. So we did. We said I Love You, shared a quick goodnight kiss, and then we lay on the floor together, sharing one big blanket, me using his chest like a pillow, and once again I was passed out in about 5 minutes.

When I woke again it was dark in the tent, but I could hear odd noises. I had rolled off of Remus in my sleep, and I was on my side. I opened my eyes to see what the noises were. In the dim lighting I could see James on top of Lily with their tongues down each other's throats.

"Gross, you guys," I said, and they stopped. "People are trying to sleep in here you know."

"Sorry," said Lily. She sounded very embarrassed.

"In our defense, everyone was asleep before you woke up," said James.

"Just go to bed, you guys. I'm not dealing with you two being cranky all day tomorrow because you decided to stay up all night trying to eat each other's faces off."

I sat up for a second then, and I heard Lily say, "She has a point, and I am kind of tired."

I laid back down, my head on Remus's chest again. His body shifted at my weight. His arms wrapped around my torso instantly, and he even kissed the top of my head. It made me think that maybe he was awake a bit. I lifted my head up to kiss his cheek and he smiled. He was definitely awake. He opened his eyes, and said, "I wondered when you were coming to cuddle me again."

"Why aren't you sleeping?" I ask, kind of concerned.

"You rolled around a lot, woke me up," he explained and I felt bad.

"I'm sorry love, I don't want to disturb your sleep," I say and I tried to shift back from him so he could sleep undisturbed. He wraps both his arms around me tightly so I can not go anywhere.

"Did I say I wanted you to move?" His lips are right next to my ear now as he whispers, "You're not going anywhere. Now cuddle me."

I was half scared and - I'm not going to lie - half turned on by that reaction, so I replied with, "Yes Sir." And I cuddled him again like he wanted me to.

______________________
Here's Part 18!

There was some slight foreshadowing in this chapter.

Some of it obvious, some of it not.

I wonder if you can pick up on it.

-Emily Winchester.