Twenty-One.

-Ellie-

"Everyone make way," Sirius shouted as we entered the Gryffindor Common Room, "We got an old man coming through!"

Remus scoffed loudly to show his distaste at the joke. This was his first night out of the Hospital Wing, he spent three days there before Madam Pomfrey would let him leave. I have been there before every meal and every night doing homework with him and helping him stay updated with classes. He says I'd make a great Professor, but he says that all the time.

I was carrying his books for him as we entered the Common Room, and he was being propped up by James. Remus is still tired all the time, which Madam Pomfrey said would probably last for the next week to come. He sat next to Lily on the couch, who was reading a book. She closed it and smiled at Remus. "Glad you're back." She told him.

"Thanks," he tells her.

"Do you need anything, darling?" I ask, my tone slightly concerned.

"No, I'm fine right now, Bunny." He tells me, and pats the cushion next to him, "Sit with me." I listen, and I take the seat next to him. He takes the books from me that were his and hands them to Sirius saying, "Will you put these on my bed for me, Padfoot?"

"Sure thing, Moony," said Sirius, and he walked off with the books.

"You sure you don't want any tea or anything?" I ask, just trying to make sure.

"I'm fine, darling," Remus answers, a chuckle in his tone. He leaned down and kissed my head, and wrapped his arm around me and pulled me close up against him. "Just stay right here, that's all I need."

I wrap my arms around his torso, cuddling up to him. James had sat next to Lily, but she was watching Remus and I with a warm smile on her face. Sirius had joined us again, he sat in the chair next to the couch and Marlene came and sat on his lap.

"Glad to see you're back in one piece," said Marlene.

"Thank you. I'm very lucky," said Remus, and then he gave my arm a squeeze, "And very grateful for my brave girlfriend for saving me."

I lifted my head up and kissed his cheek. He's been saying things like that a lot. He keeps reminding me how grateful he is for me. He obviously still feels bad for what happened when he woke up. He's still trying to make it up to me.

James brought up Christmas, and how he planned on staying back this year. He's Head Boy, and he wants to stay back because he wants to be here for any younger students staying behind. He's also feeling sentimental, and he wants to stay at Hogwarts as much as he can. He's never seen the castle on Christmas and he wants to see it for himself.

He talked Lily into staying behind with him and Sirius is too, which in turn made Marlene tell her parents she wasn't coming home. Peter tried to stay back, but his mum wasn't having it. He got a howler back, she was not happy. Mary said she'd love to stay back, but she had plans to meet up with Archie over the three weeks we have off.

The rest of us were all staying back too. Dorcas was even staying back. And we were planning a big sleepover in the boy's dorm while we could. We tried not to talk about it in front of Peter, because we knew that he would get very jealous if he knew, and when Peter gets jealous he gets grumpy and no one wants to deal with that.

Before we could think about Christmas though, Sirius had a birthday at the beginning of November. He is 18 now, and he enjoys being older than everyone else, even if it won't be for long. He was always gloating for a little bit that he was the oldest.

When Christmas did come, we were excited to all be together one last Christmas season, even if all 10 of us weren't together. We set up a sleepover in the boy's dorm. We bought sweets and drinks during the last Hogsmeade weekend, and we stayed up pretty late eating those sweets.

Dorcas slept in Peter's bed, and the rest of us shared with our boyfriends. It was so nice to wake up next to Remus in his arms on Christmas morning. I never wanted to leave his bed. I cuddled up to him and gave him a good squeeze. He chuckled in response.

In a groggy, just woke up voice, he said, "Good morning, Bunny. Happy Christmas."

"Happy Christmas to you, too, Darling," I said and I kissed his cheek.

"I love waking up next to you," he said.

"Me too," I admit, cuddling up to him again.

"You two are so gross," said Sirius, we both sat up and moved the curtains open to see everyone was already awake. Sirius and Marlene were both smiling evilly. Sirius threw his arms around Marlene dramatically and in a mocking tone said, "I love waking up next to you."

Marlene matched his dramatic, mocking tone, "Oh me, too, darling." And then she kissed him, which was also very dramatic.

Remus threw a pillow at them. I actually laughed. "Ignore them, Remus, we all know they're just jealous because they're about as romantic as the Giant Squid. Even though we all know Sirius cried after the first time they had sex."

I've never seen Sirius wear a more offended expression, but he remained silent, because he knew I had him. James howled with laughter, which made Lily hit his arm to get him to stop. Then we headed down for breakfast. The Great Hall wasn't nearly as full as it usually was, because most of the students were home for the holidays.

It was a really great day, all in all. James and Lily played with the younger children so they wouldn't be too bored. Sirius even taught a few of them how to play Exploding Snap. It was fun to watch. When Peter came back, he told us how bad it was getting put there.

"It's way worse than we know," he said, and it sounded like he was terrified. "Diagon Alley is not the same anymore. Nearly all of the stores are closing down out of fear that they're going to be overrun with Death Eaters."

James sighed, but it was Sirius that spoke, "That's terrible."

James was obviously the most upset about this. He hates dark magic and dark wizards more than any of us, which is why he is becoming an Auror. He would make an amazing Professional Quidditch player, but he wants to take down every single Dark Wizard he can.

It was sad, how fast everything went so dark so fast. Lord Voldemort was gaining power quicker than ever. It was as sad as it was terrifying. I had a hard time believing it, because I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to even think about it.

We were now in the second half of our seventh and final year of school, it was a bittersweet feeling. I would be happy not to sit in classes all day, but when it's all over for us, we don't know when the next time that we would be able to sit around here and just talk like this. Seven years with the same people and then one day it's over.

Before we knew it, it was February, close to Valentine's Day, but not quite there yet. Lily came down the stairs from the boy's dorms raking her fingers through her long, ginger hair. James followed her, a proud smile on his face. They shared a quick kiss and then she headed for the girl's dorms. Marlene and I shared a look, we knew what just happened. James sat down next to Sirius on the couch, and Marlene and I shot up and practically ran for the girl's dorms.

Lily had just reached our dorm when we arrived. Marlene closed the door and I started with the questions, "So, are you going to tell us what just happened up there? James looked very pleased with himself."

Lily chuckled. "He was a perfect gentleman."

Marlene scoffed, "That's boring."

"Marlene," I said, "Not everyone is as crazy as you. It was their first time."

"It was a little bit awkward at first," Lily admitted. "But it ended up being really nice at the end."

Marlene and I shared a smile. "I understand that," I told her, "When Remus and I first did it, I didn't really know what I was expecting but I was rather surprised with what I got, and it will only get better, too."

"He was very sweet," Lily repeated, "And it was exactly what I needed to distract me from the news I got today."

We both nodded at her. Earlier today, Lily got word that her older sister Petunia got married. She was pretty sure that they planned it during this time of year so she wouldn't be there. She and her sister are on the outs more than usual these days, and it hurts Lily. She and Petunia used to be very close until she found out she was a witch.

"I know that's hard," I say, placing a hand over hers. "I don't know how I would feel if I found out that Archie got married and I wasn't there."

"I think I'd kill Matt if he did that to me. Oh, should we jinx Petunia?" Lily and I gave her a disapproving look, "Oh nothing too dangerous. Just like a leg locker until she apologized or something? Something we can undo easily."

"No, Marlene," I said, so Lily didn't have to.

She shrugged in response. "It was just a thought."

That actually made Lily chuckle a little bit.

___________________
Here's part 21!

I love writing fluff more than I like writing intense drama.

It's just more fun sometimes.

Also, I have realized how bad it's going to hurt later in the story when Sirius goes to Azkaban. I hate myself for had badly that is going to hurt me to write.

-Emily Winchester.