Twenty-Seven.

-Ellie-

Since I am having a  small litter of children right out the bat, I took up the Prewett twins' offer to talk to their sister. She also just recently discovered she's pregnant with her sixth child. She had a set of twins about a year and half ago now. I would take any parenting tips she would give me.

We've been corresponding for nearly a month now, and every day I feel like I'm starting to show more and more. Having two babies in my womb I will get bigger faster. I am three months along and I look double what I would if I just had one baby.

I finally met Molly in person in late September. She invited Matt and I to the Burrow where the Weasley's all lived for lunch. Her husband was at work at the Ministry when we arrived. Molly answered the door with a baby on her hip and another trotting behind her doing the classic toddler waddle. They were both so cute.

"Hello!" She greeted us excitedly, "You must be Matt and Ellie! Welcome! Come on in!"

"Thank you for inviting us over," I said as we stepped inside. The free range toddler was now at my feet and he tugged at my pant leg.

"Yes thank you," said Matt.

"Oh it's my pleasure."

I looked down at the red headed toddler at my feet and I smiled at him. He was wearing a onesie that had a big G in the middle of it. So this baby must be George. I knelt down and picked him up, because that was obviously what he wanted, and he cuddled right up to me by laying his head onto my shoulder.

"That's a good sign. He already likes you," said Molly, "He doesn't even do that to Arthur."

"He is so sweet," I said as I turned my head to get a look at him.

"George is the sweeter one, for sure, but this one," she gestured to the twin on her hip, which I knew was Fred, "Freddie will be the death of me. I'm just glad he can't really walk that far yet."

She led us into the kitchen then where we sat at a long table she placed Fred in a highchair and then when she tried to take George from me to put him in his highchair he started to scream and cry so I said I'd hold him for a bit longer. Then she called the other three older boys into the kitchen for lunch. They all had the same shade of fire red hair, and they all wore it differently, too. They were all adorable. They all stopped and stared when they saw Matt. Well, the two older boys did, and the little one stopped because his brothers did.

"Whoa," said the second oldest who I knew was called Charlie. "You're Matt Mckinnon. From the Chudley Cannons!"

"Mum, what is Matt Mckinnon doing in our kitchen?" Asked the oldest, who I knew was called Bill.

"They're my friends, Bill," Molly told him.

"Well, I'm here to meet all of you guys, actually," said Matt, "I know your uncles, Fabian and Gideon, and they talk about how awesome their nephews are and how much they love Quidditch all the time so I had to come say hi and have lunch with you guys."

"How come you didn't tell us?" Asked Charlie, and he looked at his mum hard. He was obviously upset he didn't know that the Matt Mckinnon of the Chudley Cannons was coming over.

"I asked her to keep it a surprise," Matt said, and he winked at Molly who just smiled back at him.

The boys were so excited to have Matt here, I was chopped liver to all of them except for Molly and apparently George who took a liking to me from the start. We ate lunch and then Matt took the three older boys outside to show them some broomstick moves. I helped Molly put the twins down for an after lunch nap.

Molly and I talked after we got the twins down. We had dome herbal tea while Matt kept the other kids entertained outside. She was so excited that Bill would be starting Hogwarts in a few years. He was 9 now, so in just two years he would be off. We talked about how our babies would be going to Hogwarts together too. We would both be having babies in early March.

"I'm hoping for a girl," she admitted to me, "But if it is another boy I won't be disappointed. I love all of my boys so much. They're such a joy."

"I don't mind if I have either boys or girls," I admit, "I guess I wouldn't mind boys. I think Matt would be better with boys."

She smiled happily, "He's very good with kids, you're very lucky."

I nodded, "Yeah, he's been great since I told him I was pregnant."

"He's going to be a great father." She told me and she sipped her tea.

That was when we heard one of the twins crying. "Allow me please," I said standing up as quick as I could, "I could use the practice."

"By all means, go ahead," she said and I headed to their nursery.

It was George who was crying. I picked him up and I felt that he had a full nappy. So I took it upon myself to change him. I got him to giggle instead of cry by making funny faces at him and I even tickled him a bit. He cuddled up to me again while I walked him back to his crib. He was happy and smiling when I put him back down. I gave him a few kisses on his cheek before I laid him down again.

When I turned back around, I saw Fred was wide awake watching me. He wasn't crying or anything but he was standing in his crib watching me with his brother. He smiled and made grabby hands at me and cooed loudly.

"Awe, come here sweeite" I said and I picked him up. "You're supposed to be asleep, darling."

I gave him a hug, which he returned, and I kissed his cheek too before I laid him down again.

Molly was standing in the doorway watching with a smile on his face. "You're a natural." She told me, her tone as proud as she looked.

When Matt and I went home that night, I couldn't help but think about what Molly had said when we were having tea. She was right. Matt was great with kids. I was very lucky indeed. When we were getting ready for bed, I brought it up to him.

"You were really good with the boys today," I told him.

He shrugged, "I could tell Molly was a bit stressed dealing with all of them on her own."

"Yeah, she certainly is," I agreed, nodding. "But they loved you. You were so good with them."

"The twins sure took to you, too," he reminds me. "George was hanging all over you. He loved you."

We climbed into bed now, and I told him what was really on my mind. "You know I wasn't exactly worried about having kids with you, but seeing how you are with the boys today really made me so excited. You're going to be such an amazing dad."

He smiled like he was proud of himself. He kissed my forehead, "Thanks love," he said and then lay on his back again. "You know that I love you, right?"

I sighed, "Matt."

"I know," he huffed, "I know you don't feel like that about me, but I just want you to know where I stand. I am pretty sure that I've fallen for you. That being said, I know you don't feel that way for me."

"Well, I'm not in love with you, that's for sure. But, I will admit that I care for you. I do like seeing your softer side, you're not the same person you were when we were in school. I don't find you nearly as annoying anymore."

He laughs lightly at that, "Well I have grown up a bit I like to think."

"You have," I tell him. "Believe it or not I'm glad that I'm having kids with you."

"Me too," he says, and even though I can't see him in the dark, I know he's smiling.

Molly and I have become great friends, her brothers were right, she was pretty awesome. I can tell she loves the help. Since I have decided to end my healer training since I am pregnant Molly and I have been spending a lot of time together.

We gush over her boys and share pregnancy symptoms and she tells me stories about her other pregnancies. She said Bill and Charlie were her easiest babies and easiest pregnancies. The twins were her worst, and they've been her worst babies. Fred needed to be held at all times, and when he wasn't he was either screaming his head off or getting into something that he shouldn't be. George was his right hand man, too, always helping his twin brother with his mischief. Molly was bound to have some trouble on her hands as they got older.

They will be two on April 1st, and they're already walking and they say some small words. Fred's favorite word is Mum, and George's favorite word is Fred, it's very cute. They both get very excited and call out Ellie whenever I arrive. Sometimes I pick them both up at the same time, sometimes it's hard for me.

The three older boys were very helpful with the babies. Especially Bill. They're constantly asking Molly if she needs help. Precy is only four, but he likes to do whatever he can. Bill likes to ask me questions about Hogwarts since he is going in a few years. He asked me first what House I was in, and he got excited to learn that Matt and I were in Gryffindor together. He says he wants to go to whatever house Matt was in. Charlie said he wanted to play Quidditch for his house, and he wanted to play Seeker. I became one of his favorite people when I told him that's exactly what I did.

We had an Order Meeting at the end December, I remembered a year ago when Remus and I broke up, that feels like an entire lifetime ago. At the end of the meeting, Alice and Frank Longbottom announced that they were having a baby, so did James and Lily. Everyone was so excited for them, especially Sirius since he was asked by James to be the Godfather.

It truly was so exciting and I was so happy for my friends. So many of my friends were having kids, my kids are going to have some great friends in them. They would be at Hogwarts together and they would be the best of friends, that was for sure.

________________________
Here's part 27!

I had to get the Weasley's in there somehow so this was it!

I think this chapter was super cute.

-Emily Winchester.