Fifty-Nine.

On early morning May 2nd, Fred came into mine and Remus's room and he woke us saying that Neville sent a message saying that Harry was at Hogwarts and we needed to go. That meant that Voldemort was going to be there soon as well.

As we changed into regular clothes out of pajamas, I said, "I'll wake my mum and tell her she needs to keep an eye on Lily."

"I really think one of us should stay back here, Darling."

"No," I say, my tone hard, "I'm not letting you fight alone."

"Are you sure?" He asked, but he knew my mind is made up.

"Yes I'm sure," I tell him. "I'm going to wake my mum."

I left them to go wake my mum, she told me to be careful and I promised her that I would. Then we left for Hogsmeade. We headed through the Hog's Head and walked through the passageway. "What are you going to do if Lyanna is there?" I hear Fred ask George.

"I don't know," George responds, shrugging. "Wait to see how she reacts to seeing me I guess."

"She broke up with you, mate, she's going to be waiting for your reaction to seeing her before she does anything."

I heard George sigh. He didn't know what to do. It was obvious. I felt bad for him for that. He was still hurting so much even though he hadn't seen Lyanna in months. We reached the room then, and we heard Harry talking as we got closer to the room.

The first thing that I saw was two blonde heads. My twins. "Oh Merlin. Lyanna," I say and then she turns around. I am hugging her so tight. "Don't you  ever do that to me again, you understand?"

"Good to see you, too, Mum," Lyanna said. "I missed you."

I let her go after a moment, and I looked at both of them. She was dirty, in need of a shower, and I was so happy to see her. I smiled at them. Then I saw Fred and George behind us, standing with the rest of his family. I looked at my daughter and I hugged her and whispered, "Go tell George that you love him and you're sorry."

"He hates me," she says, sounding defeated.

"No, he loves you," I tell her, "He just needs to be reminded that you love him, too."

She nods and I let go of her. She turned to find George. They stared at each other for a good moment before she was hugging him tightly around the torso. "I'm sorry," she says, "I'm so sorry."

"I forgive you," he says, quickly. "I love you."

"I love you, too," she says and then they kiss. When they let go is when Harry takes control again as everyone gathers around us.

“Guys, you’ve got it all wrong. We’re not here to fight. We’re here to find something. Something very important. But, we don’t know what it is, just that it belonged to Rowena Ravenclaw. Does anyone know what that could be?”

“Is what you’re looking for going to help overthrow You-Know-Who?” Asked Fred, curiously.

“Yes,” Says Harry, but that’s all that he would tell them. “Does anyone know anything that was of importance to Rowena Ravenclaw?”

“There’s the lost Diadem,” says Luna, dreamily. “But no one in living memory has ever seen it.”

“What the bloody hell is a Diadem?” Asks Ron from behind Harry.

“It’s like a crown,” says Hermione. “Or a tiara.”

“If you’d like to see what it looks like, Harry, I could take you up to our common room and show you. Ravenclaw’s wearing it in her statue,” says Cho Chang, Harry’s ex-girlfriend from his fifth year.

“Luna can take him, won’t you, Luna,” pipes up Ginny, who is also Harry’s ex-girlfriend.

“I’d love to,” says Luna, happily.

“It’s the best shot we got,” says Harry, shrugging. He and Luna put the cloak on and he and Luna leave the room together. A few moments later, Ron and Hermione leave for the Chamber of Secrets as well, saying they need to get Basilisk fangs.

More people start to enter through the tunnel then. Harry’s old Quidditch Captain’s Oliver Wood and Angelina Johnson (Who Fred runs over to straight away) enter first, followed by Katie Bell, and Alicia Spinnet, and many more members of the D.A. that have since left Hogwarts all come to our aid. It was so nice of them, but it was certainly not what we needed from them. I was glad to see them show up for us though.

That’s when the heads of house of Professor Sprout, Flitwick, and McGonagall all enter the room with Harry and Luna yelling about how we needed to get to the Great Hall now to evacuate because Hogwarts is under attack and the Professors are going to put some protection charms over the school but it will only hold them off temporarily. 

"Come on, Luna,” Bradley calls to her and takes her hand and runs off with her to the Great Hall.

Molly starts on Ginny, telling her to go home, and Ginny is not having it, saying she wants to fight. Then she rounds in on the twins, saying that they shouldn’t have let her come. Eventually, Molly said she could stay in the Room of Requirement, but that she was not allowed to leave it under any circumstances whatsoever, Ginny agreed to this because at least she’d still be allowed to be here.

That’s when another surprise exited the tunnel, Percy Weasley. “I’m sorry I’m late,” he says with a smile on his face. “I only just found out, so I – I – ”

There was a deafening silence in the room as we all looked at him. It wasn’t until Fleur broke it, saying, “So, how is little Lily?" Looking at Remus.

“Oh, yeah, she’s fine,” he says, sounding proud. Ellie's mother is staying with her tonight. Here, I’ve got a picture now.” He pulls the photo out of his jacket pocket.

“I was a fool!” Roared Percy, getting the attention again. “I was an idiot, I was a pompous prat, I was a – a –”

“A Ministry-loving, family-disowning, power-hungry moron,” says Fred.

“Exactly,” says Percy, nodding. “I was.”

“Well, you can’t say any fairer than that,” says George, holding out his hand to him and the brother’s shake. Molly burst into tears and hugged her son, while he patted her on the back and eyed his father.

“I’m sorry, dad,” he says. Arthur blinked rather rapidly, then he hurried to hug his son.

We leave Ginny safe in the room then and head to the Great Hall. Everyone was sitting at their respective house tables. Remus and Kingsley took to the stage with Professor McGonagall, standing behind her. I sat with Lyanna at the Gryffindor table keeping an eye on Bradley at the Hufflepuff table. 

A girl at the Slytherin table asked where Professor Snape went, and Professor McGonagall said he has been sacked and the entire tables of Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw erupted in cheers at the sound of it, but the Slytherin table stayed silent.

“We have already placed protection around the castle,” said Professor McGonagall, “But it’s unlikely to hold for very long unless we reinforce it. I must ask you, therefore, to move quickly and calmly, and do as your Prefects – ”

Her last words were drawn out by a different voice. It was cold, high-pitched, and clear. There was no telling where it came from; it seemed to emanate from the walls themselves. Like the monster it commanded, it might have lain dormant for centuries.

“I know you are preparing to fight,” the voice said, “Your efforts are futile. You cannot fight me. I do not want to kill you. I have great respect for the teachers of Hogwarts. I do not want to spill magical blood. Give me Harry Potter, and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have until Midnight.”

Silence fell in the hall. Every eye in the place was now on Harry at the Gryffindor table. Then a figure rose from the Slytherin table, and the voice of Pansy Parkinson shouted, “He’s there! Right there! Someone grab him!”

I watched my son as he shot up out of his seat, pointed his wand and shouted, "Stupefy!" at her and she blasted backwards. All eyes were on him now, and he takes full advantage of it. “If anyone wants to get to Harry they go through me first! You got that?” my eyes are cold and hard as he says, "You Slytherins do not scare me!”

“Bradley Matthew Mckinnon!" I hisses at him, he looks at me with a big, proud smile on his face. "Sit down this instant!"

“They go through me, too!” Says Neville standing up now too.

“Thank you very much, Mr. Mckinnon and Mr. Longbottom, but that won’t be necessary.” Says Professor McGonagall, calmly. “Filch, take the Slytherins first. Anyone who is of age may stay and fight either with us or against us, it’s your call to make, and I suggest you make it quick.”

After that, Professors Flitwick, Sprout, and McGonagall lead groups of fighters to the highest towers (Astronomy, Gryffindor, and Ravenclaw) and they took equal groups with them. Fred, George, and Lee Jordan took groups of fighters to man the secret entrances into the castle, Bradley and Lyanna went with them. The rest of them all stayed on the grounds. I stayed with Remus on the grounds.

As the Death Eaters stroked the grounds, I started to get worried about George. I began to lose track of time as I started dueling anyone who could take me on. I couldn't stop thinking about my twins though. Were they okay at the secret entrances? Was they even still alive? Or did the Death Eaters kill them on sight when they saw them? They were going to be right in the line of fire at the secret entrances. The thought of it made my stomach hurt. 

I had to focus, I took on a female Death Eater, and I could see Remus not too far from me. He was battling Dolohov. He was blocking and landing spells on him. But then Dolohiv landed a hit that Remus nearly missed by a second reaction. So I decided to blast Dolohov myself, the lady thing that I remember hearing is my husband yelling my name and then I felt a blast hit me.

Then everything went black as I fell to the ground.

_________________
Here's part 59!

There will be one more chapter and then an Epilogue.

This story is coming to a close!

-Emily Winchester.