Forty-Seven.

We celebrated Ron, Hermione, and Bradley on becoming Prefects that night. Nearly everyone in The Order came. Garrett came, and he didn't let anyone else hold Lily. She was his baby all night until I had to put her down for the night. Everyone here who was a Prefect shared some stories at dinner. Remus said he was pretty sure that he was only made Prefect to keep his friends in line.

"You didn't even do that," I pointed out, "If anything made Sirius and James worse, because with you in charge they knew they could get away with it. Lily, however, was the enforcer. She was the one who laid down the law."

"She was a great Prefect," Sirius agreed, "One of Dumbledore's best decisions. I would have been very shocked if I turned out to be the Prefect. I wasn't at all surprised to find out that it was Moony that year. He was the obvious choice."

"We all knew it was going to be him," I agreed.

"I thought it was going to be James," Remus admitted.

I put my hand on his leg, "Well you were the only one, Darling."

Harry didn’t look very happy, and I had a feeling I knew why. He was Harry Potter, a teacher's favorite. He probably thought that Dumbledore would for sure choose him to be Prefect. He has saved the school from some version of Voldemort his first two years of school at only 11 and 12 years old. He had to have thought that he had it in the bag. I could tell he was upset, but I also knew that he would get over it eventually.

Ron on the other hand was over the moon. He was acting modest, but I could tell he was so happy and so proud of himself. I know he's been wanting this for years. All his older brothers except for Fred and George were Prefects. I know that he wanted to be one too because he's always trying to impress Molly.

After dinner, everyone disbursed with drinks and we all just hung out and enjoyed each other's company. Lyanna was holding her sister, and she and Hermione were gushing over her like they usually do. I saw George by himself, drinking pumpkin juice in the corner of the room, letting his little brother be the center of attention tonight.

It seemed like just yesterday he was just a year and a half old toddler that was quite literally attached to me the second that we met. Now he's a 17 year old young man and he was much taller than me, he was about as tall as Remus was. I didn't know where the time went but these babies are no longer babies and I miss the days when they were so little.

I headed over to George, because I did want to talk to him. I had to let him know that I knew what he and my daughter did earlier today. I stood next to him, observing the party. "I just wanted to tell you that I know what you and Lyanna did earlier today."

The kid nearly choked on his pumpkin juice.

"I'm not mad," I assured him. "And I'm not going to tell your mother, but just know that I know that you're having sex with my daughter."

"Did she tell you?" He asked, his voice was nearly shaking, he was so nervous.

"No, I tried to give you two your letters and Fred stopped me. It wasn't hard to put things together. Just be happy that it was me and not your mother."

"Yeah," he agreed. "I'm surprised that you're not mad."

"You love her, George, and she loves you. It was a matter of time. Truth be told Remus and I were together less time than you two when we had our first time. So, in a way I find it impressive you held out this long. Especially since I know that you're a lot like Fred, and Fred lives to flirt."

"That's where Fred and I differ," he said quickly. "I'm more of a one woman at a time kind of guy. Fred always has about five crushes at a time, and you're always one of them."

I actually laughed at that, "You're not wrong there. Can I tell you a secret that I want to stay between us two? You're my favorite Weasley kid."

His face lit up. "I am?"

"Yes, because the second that we met you waddled your chubby little legs over to me and you started tugging on my pant leg, and then I picked you up and you nuzzled your head into my neck and laid on me. It was the sweetest, cutest thing ever. And when Matt died, you asked me if I was sad, and when I told you that I was you hugged me and asked, 'All better?' And you stole my heart. Even from a young age I saw how much you just genuinely love people and you just want to make people happy. That's what I love about you. Fred just wants to be the center of attention but you just want to make people laugh and smile for a bit."

"I vaguely remember Matt's funeral," he admits to me, "I don't really remember him, not like my older brothers do, but I remember being sad that day and seeing how sad you were. It made me sad to see you sad. I probably hugged you because I was sad."

I chuckled at that, he was probably right, "I was so happy when you and Lyanna got together because I knew she was with someone who would care about her and love her for who she was. Just keep making her happy, and loving her for who she is."

"That's easy," he said, shrugging, "Who she is is awesome."

I smiled at that, "Yeah, she's pretty cool."

The rest of the night went well. I could tell Remus was reminiscent of his teenage days being a Prefect at school. It was also weird to think that my twins, Harry, Ron, and Hermione were the age that I was when Remus and I started dating. It was also hard to believe that it's been 20 entire years since then. It was odd to think that I was going to be 36 in April, well I shouldn't really be worried about that just yet because I still had some time.

I was happy that the kids remained close. George and Lyanna ended up getting closer than I anticipated, but I am happy for them. They're a very cute couple and I know that they're very happy with each other.

The next day, I was feeding Lily in my room when there was a knock, "Come in," I called to whoever was on the other side of the door. Fred entered the room, shut the door behind him, and plopped onto my bed face down on Remus's pillow and screamed into it. I let him have his moment, and then I said, "What's wrong Freddie?"

He rolled into his back, his brown eyes on the ceiling, and let out a loud sigh. "She likes Ron," he huffed.

"Who does, sweetie?"

"Hermione," he breathed. "She likes Ron."

"And you know that for certain?"

He sighed again, "After yesterday it's obvious. She doesn't want me. She never did, not with Ron around. I thought that maybe since Viktor is out of the way now that maybe I could make my move but she prefers my brother."

"I'm pretty sure Ron fancies her as well, but he won't admit it to himself. That's why he was so jealous when Viktor took her to the ball last year."

He sighed again, "I know."

Lily had finished her bottle then, so I went to lay her in her crib for a little nap and I sat back next to Fred. This time he sat up and laid his head onto my shoulder. "At least I still have you, right Ellie?"

"Freddie, I'm married," I tell him with a chuckle in my voice.

"Remus will understand, I loved you first," he protests.

"That's not true and you know it," I reminded him.

"I've loved you my entire life, and he's only loved you what? A few years of his."

"20 out of the 35 he's been alive. So pretty much his whole life, too."

He groaned. "Why must the women I love not love me back."

"Freddie, I do love you, you know that I love you." I cupped his face with my hand and I kissed the top of his head. "You know you're one of my favorite kids. I will always love you. But you're way too young for me. You know that right."

"Age is just a number, darling."

"Don't call me that," I told him, he chuckled.

"That's right, you prefer Bunny. Isn't that what Remus calls you?"

"Yes, but I don't want you calling me that either. Only Remus is allowed to call me that. He's the one person that is allowed to call me by my Animagus form."

He shot up, and looked directly at me,, "You're what."

"Ron never told you that I was kind of a member of the Marauders?"

"No," he said and he sat back, "So you turn into a bunny?"

"Yeah," I nodded, "A cute one, too. White fur, fluffy tail. The whole nine."

"George and I had that map for years and no one named Bunny was on it."

"They made the map before I had transformed. Remus actually did most of the work on that map. Though the map was James's idea. He wanted to make sure that they could sneak out of the castle and be positive that no one was around them. They didn't want to get expelled."

"I can't believe you knew the Marauders."

"I'm married to one of them, Fred."

"You are still my mum's hot single friend to me, Ellie."

I rolled my eyes. "You have got to move on, Freddie."

He cuddled up to me, this time wrapping his arms around my waist. "Never."

"I'll always be there for you if you need me, Freddie. Within reason, of course. I am married."

________________________
Here's part 47!

I just ordered Fred and George's wands the other day. I don't know if you can tell but they're my favorite.

Well, George is my favorite. Fred is second.

-Emily Winchester.