Chapter 13: The Fall Maiden

The day was absolutely beautiful, with the sun shining down through just a few thin clouds giving a little bit of shade to those below. Another perfect day. And for Acnologia, it was even better as he watched Team RWBY overpower the team they were fighting. His lessons were paying off and it was a glorious thing to watch.

He stood at the top of the Vytal Colosseum, near one of the exits to the massive stadium standing just far enough out so he could watch the team fight. Once the final buzzer sounded as Team RWBY won, which in turn put a smile on the dragon slayer's face.

Acnologia turned around and made his way out of the arena. The last few weeks had been quite strange, not specifically for Acnologia but for most of Beacon in general. Its not a normal year when not one but three teachers are suddenly hired, and two of them within just a few short weeks before the Vytal Tournament.

Speaking of the two mages, Irene and Anna become Beacon's first Expedition Teachers. They taught students the in's and out's of surviving on their own during long missions. Though many of the.....male students were of course....interested in their feminine figure to say the least. All of that was nipped in the bud when the two of them took out several groups of Nevermore and Ursas with minimal effort.

To put it lightly, no one would be back talking those two at any point though Acnologia would miss the few laughs he got out of the actions of the daring students and the consequences of their actions.

However, as much as Acnologia wished he could enjoy himself listening to such things or watching his students fight in the Colosseum, he had other arrangements today and only had time to catch team RWBY's fight. Classes were postponed until the Vytal Festival was over leaving the mage and Glynda plenty of time to catch up on paperwork the two had a massed over the days he was out and the work left behind after Glynda had been kidnapped. They managed to catch up with the grades left over from the day Irene and Anna arrived, but not from most of the days before due to their Classes.

But the two needed to get to it or else it would take the entire festival to finish all of the paper work, something neither of them wanted to do. With that in mind, Acnologia quickly found his way to his and Glynda's classroom with the latter just having made it to the classroom before the Dragon Slayer. The two spent a good chunk of the day taking care of the blunt of the paperwork by the afternoon, giving the two plenty of time to enjoy what the fair grounds had to offer before they had to finish the paper work. "Tell me, have you ever been to a normal festival?" Glynda asked Acnologia as they walked through the heavily populated fair grounds.

"Not purposefully, I may have dropped in on a few back in my younger more destructive years. But I've never enjoyed one, especially not with someone." He told her as they walked past a few vendors. "So that means you've never been on a Ferris Wheel, right?" She asked him as the two stopped in front of a massive Ferris Wheel.

Acnologia slowly looked up to the top of the massive carnival ride, looking at the rocking carriage one would have to sit in for a prolonged period of time. The Dragon Slayer looked back to his mate with a very skeptical look,"You want to put a Dragon Slayer, who nearly vomits in a stabilized Bullhead, on a rocking carriage several meters in the air?"

"You have a good point, how about we settle for something every Festival goer should get-" Glynda said pulling Acnologia towards a vendor with a strange spinning machine that had some kind of fluffy pink material in it,"-Cotton Candy." She told him with a smile before putting some Lien on the vendor's table.

In just a few seconds, the two were holding a white cone with Cotton Candy on the end of it. "Go on, try it." The Dragon Slayer looked at the fluffy pink candy webbing before he took a bite out of it, getting a good chunk of it in his mouth and on his face. "Its not half bad, a little- why are you looking at me like that?"