Chapter 16: Menagerie

The skies of Remnant were beatiful. Not a cloud in sight and not a Bullhead for miles, completely open and nearly silent with the only exception being the roaring winds.

That left Acnologia, who was soaring through the skies in his Dragon form, with plenty time to think about how his week had started.

-A few days earlier-

In the center of the now fallen Beacon, Acnologia, Glynda, Anna, and Qrow stood in front of the bulk of the students who fought with them the day before. That included Jaune, Pyrrha, Nora, Ren, Cardin, Sky, Dove, Russel, Coco, Yatsu, Fox, and Velvet.

Blake was no where to be found, Yang and Ruby were being treated and prepped to be sent back home, all of team SSSN were shipped out with the other flux of students, and Weiss was taken back to Atlas by order of her father. Lucky for her, Ironwood convinced Jacques to let him escort her back to Atlas with Irene.

So what remaining students were sat before the four remaining teachers who were left to try and explain what had happen and why.

Acnologia started first,"I know you must have a lot of questions." Jaune suddenly stood up from where he was sitting, anger and some wrath in written across his face.

"Of course we have questions! You turned into a freaking dragon! Our school was attacked by Grimm and the White Fang! There is a secret vault underneath the school where some girl was being kept alive in some machine and had secret.....magical powers and those powers were taken by Cinder and her group and she killed Ozpin who knew about that girl and everything! So yeah we got a lot of questions!"

The Dragon Slayer let out a sigh,"And your most obviously angry. I do not blame you for that, but I will ask you only this once to calm down. If you are acting out like this, it will be impossible to explain."

Jaune looked at his teacher before he took a deep breath,"And how will we know your not lying?" Acnologia took a moment before he looked between his fellow teachers,"You'll just have to trust us."

After a moment Cardin got up and put his hand on Jaune's shoulder. The leader of team JNPR let out a breath and then took a few steps back and sat down with Cardin doing the same. "Lets start with the hardest question to answer. How I turned into a Dragon and how I use Magic."

Everyone stiffened for a moment before Acnologia began to speak, telling them his story from beginning to end leaving nothing for the imagination. Though it did take them a few minutes to adjust to the knowledge that there is more than one reality, but than again it should have been obvious that it would take time to understand.

It helped that Team CFVY knew about it before hand, but it did leave Team CRDL more than a little disheartened that they weren't trusted with the secret.

"How could you not have told us Professor?" Cardin asked his favorite teacher,"Cardin....my past is.....not something that I like to talk about. There is no sugar coating that I was a monster. I killed innocent people....good men, good women, even children in some cases. I'm not proud of that and I do not want anyone I care for to fear me ever again. So I didn't want anyone to know, or at least I wanted to keep it a secret for as long as possible."

Team CRDL waited a moment before they sighed,"Yeah it makes sense that you wouldn't want to tell anyone boss." Dove said as he slumped over a bit. "I'm only glad that you all are taking it so well.....Its not everyday you learn things like this about people who you think you've come to know."

"Speaking of which, I guess that brings up the other things you kids probably need to know if your going to keep being Huntsmen after this." Qrow said as he took a drink from his flask. Glynda stepped forward,"I think its best if we start with...well the Maidens."