Chapter 9: Care to Dance?

'I am going to kill you Ozpin.' Acnologia thought to himself as he walked back to his room with several bags lining his only arm. Glynda had been.....nice....enough to take him on a "Small" shopping spree the day after the four of them, Acnologia, Ozpin, Glynda, and James all talked. Four hours in Vale, twenty stores, and over fifty suits later Glynda found his perfect suit, as she had claimed. That fact did little to help what Acnologia believed was the first time he had ever been tortured.

He pushed open the door to his room and quickly plopped all of the bags down. He wordlessly walked to his bed and then fell face forward onto it. And then the dragon slayer laid there. He just....laid there, exhausted for the first time in his life. Actually exhausted. And then.....there was a knock on his door.

Acnologia waited for a moment, hoping and praying, that whoever it was would go away but instead the knock intensified. "Professor Acnologia, do you have a minute to talk?" Ruby called out from behind the door. The mage breathed in and then screamed into the mattress of his bed, which was barely heard by the young leader outside his door. After just a few moments the door opened and Acnologia stood before Ruby with the same emotionless look as always,"Yes Ruby?"

"I'm not bothering you am I Professor?" Acnologia looked over his shoulder back to his bed before he closed his eyes and sighed,"No your not. What can I do for you?" Ruby put her hands behind her back as she twisted her foot on the ground,"Its about.....that thing you told us to stop doing. Ya know what I mean?"

"You are referring to Torchwick and his operation, yes?" Ruby nodded,"What of it? There's not much you can do about it until things settle for a bit." The young girl tilted her head to the side,"Weeeeelllllll, there's kind of a problem." Acnologia raised an eyebrow,"What kind of problem?" Ruby nervously twisted her foot some more,"Um.....see....We know you told us to wait on the investigating, but Blake is.....digging deeper into it."

"And.....what is wrong with that? Trying to find connection through given means rather than directly pursuing them is a great way to find more information without stirring them into hiding." Acnologia told her,"That's not the problem, you know about the dance tonight right?" The mage stiffened a bit as he turned his head to look back at the several bags next to his desk,"Yes I am aware of the dance, what does that have to do with Torchwick?"

"Well Blake isn't going to it because she called it a waist of time and that we need to keep going after Torchwick." Acnologia looked down to Ruby with a confused look on his face,"I'm sorry, I am confused. What is the problem with any of this? As long as she isn't directly pursuing them, whats the problem with not going to tonight's festivities? It is an optional activity after all. Well, for you students anyway." Ruby shook her head,"She's running herself into the ground over this. She hasn't gotten any sleep, her grades are slipping and she's......she's really slipping. Blake's gonna get hurt if this keeps up."

The mage raised his head in understanding,"I see, your worried she's burning herself out. How can I help?" Ruby's face lit up as she began to smile.

-The Library-

Blake sat at a computer, bags under her eyes and her eyelids incredible heavy. The light from the computer in front of her gave her eyes a glassy look. Sleep had probably eluded her far before her team and Acnologia took on Torchwick with his Paladin. The White Fang had plagued her thoughts since well before Beacon and the recent encounters with them has only depend their prominence in her mind. She wanted....no, she needed to find them.

She was so caught up in watch she was doing she didn't notice Acnologia standing right behind her. The dragon slayer bent over next to her to look at what she was looking at and staid quiet as she furiously typed onto the keyboard. "Quite the busy one aren't you?"