Chapter 8: The Threat

Acnologia had his hands full the next day. There was not a shortage of students coming to him for help as his speech from the previous day spread through the school, but he didn't mind. Though he did have to ask Glynda for help, not that he minded that either, as some of the students required a less in your face manner of encouragement or aid.

The day passed by quickly this way, much quicker than the day before. But not before Acnologia caught wind of something from a group of students that had made with him a few days prior. Something about going out to find out more about Torchwick.

With the last class out of the way and his and Glynda's remaining classwork done, the dragon slayer was making his way to the dorm room of team RWBY. He had made it just out side their door and was about to knock on it when he heard them talking. Acnologia turned his head and came closer to the door to listen in on what the were saying.

"-So its decided. Me and Weiss will head off to the A.C.T tower while Blake and Sun go to the White Fang meeting and Yang and Neptune will go to where ever Yang's contact is." The mage heard Ruby said before an assortment of "Yes's" came from the room. He heard shuffling as they came near the door and Acnologia quickly retreated to a nearby hallway, hiding from the six students as they made their way to the docking area to get a ride to Vale.

He began to think to himself on what he should do. 'Ruby and Weiss will be fine on their own, there should be nothing at the tower that should get in their way. The other four though......Yang seems to know where she's going and how to handle it. Blake and Sun however are going to a White Fang meeting.' Acnologia let out a hum as he tried to figure out where to go. 'Yang has a good head on her shoulders and the White Fang make Blake and Sun's mission that more dangerous. The other four should be fine on their own, so I'll keep an eye on Blake and Sun.' Acnologia decided internally before he began to follow them.

There was only one problem once he had made it to the docking area, undetected of course, how was he going to follow them once they were on a bullhead? His draconian form isn't exactly the stealthiest of things, especially in a world where dragons didn't exist.

He would have to improvise as they boarded a bullhead. Acnologia waited until its door shut and he quickly sprinted to the flying machine and jumped to the roof of it, landing as quietly as he could. The second his body landed onto the machine, his stomach began to twist and churn. Acnologia fell over onto his back as the sky above began to spin, he lout a groan as the machine began fly into the sky,"Bad idea.....bad idea." The mage told himself over the roar of the bullheads engines and the howling wind.

After what felt like forever to the incapacitated dragon slayer, the bullhead came to a stop as it had arrived in Vale. As the machine touched ground, Acnologia forced himself up and off the roof of the machine as his students offloaded from the bullhead. The dragon slayer thanked every part of existence as he touched solid ground before he quickly began to follow the group of six. They walked together for a long while before they finally split up in the middle of town.

Acnologia had climbed a building as was now looking down at them from a vantage point. As they split up, the mages gut churned for a very different reason that it did earlier,"I have a bad feeling about this little mission." He said out loud as he watched Blake and Sun begin their treck to some warehouse, where the meeting was going down. He quickly shook off his feelings and began to follow them, scurrying from building to building until he ran out of roof and was forced to drop down to an alley way across from their destination.

The dragon slayer watched as they were, quietly, ushered to a warehouse with two White Fang mask's in hand. Acnologia's face scrunched into confusion before a flyer on the alley wall beside him drew his attention. The flyer was subtle and plain, but to someone like Acnologia the smell of faunus hands was all over it. Acnologia ripped the flyer off the wall and turned it over, the back of the flyer had the White Fang symbol with a vague address and a few words on it describing the meeting as a recruitment rally that was completely anonymous. 'That explains the masks, lucky them. I doubt I could do the same though.' He thought to himself, raising his hand to his hair,'I am far to recognizable......plan B then.'