Chapter 3: The Magic Combatant

Acnologia awoke the next day to find himself alone. Glynda Goodwitch had left and Acnologia's wounds had began to heal in a speedy fashion, just as he had believed. The black, blue, and yellow bruise had shrunk and was a deep red with just the core of it remaining slightly black and blue. It was, however, a little more tender than yesterday. Not a big problem, but an annoyance for sure.

Acnologia got himself up before looking around the room. His eyes stopped wandering when he found a clock on a table at the end of the room. 11:33 a.m., Acnologia had slept for over fourteen hours, far to long for his liking.

Acnologia groggily got up and walked outside only to blinded by the sun beaming down from the massive windows lining the opposing wall.

"Hey!" A cheerful voice pulled his attention. It was Ruby who came running over to him,"Your up! How are you feeling?"

"I'm healing." Acnologia looked around the abandoned hallways,"Where is everyone?"

"Everyone's in class but my team has a free period right now. I think the scheduled it that way so that we could have a break before Miss Goodwitch's class." Ruby shivered at the thought.

"Thats combat...right?" Acnologia asked her,"Yeah, its fun but Miss Goodwitch is kinda...scary." The dragon slayer raised his head and sniffed the air, trying to find some kind of food. He did it a couple times before Ruby spoke up.

"What are you doing?" Acnologia didn't stop what he was doing but did answer,"I trying to find food."

"By smelling the air?" Acnologia looked down at her,"I'm a dragon and as such my sense are far beyond a normal human. For instance, I can tell that Yang is in your dorm room, and Blake and Weiss are way off in that direction." Acnologia pointed down the hall.

"Woah, how did you know that?"

"I can smell them. I can even smell Ozpin way above us in that tower over there." Acnologia pointed out of one of the many windows at a tower. "Oh thats awesome! But if you wanted you could have just asked. Lunch is in an hour, sorry."

"I will make do. Tell me, where is the library?" the dragon slayer wanted to learn more about the world he found himself in. "I can show you, come on." Ruby told him before walking down the hallway motioning for him to follow. Acnologia wordlessly walked after her.

"Soooooo you fight dragons, do you have any weapons to fight them with?" Ruby asked him. "My magic is all I need." Ruby looked at him quizzically,"You don't have a sword or anything?"

Acnologia shook his head,"No. I don't need one, if you recall I defended myself from your team very easily upon our first meeting and I was unarmed." Ruby tilted her head."Oh yeah, I guess you really don't need a weapon, huh? See I use my scythe, Crescent Rose. Its not just a scythe but high impact sniper rifle that fires high caliber rounds."

Acnologia looked at her wide eyed and confused.

"Its a big gun."

Acnologia nodded in understanding. He knew about guns, just not in any kind of detail. "You shot me with that if I remember right." Ruby scratched the back of her head sheepishly,"Yeah sorry about that. Now that I think about it your really strong to have taken one of those shots from that range. You barely even budged."

"One has to be strong to kill dragons." Acnologia told her as they made it to a set of open doors. Once inside Acnologia looked around the room to find several large bookcases as well as several floors filled with even more bookcases.

Blake and Weiss sat at a table with a few different books stacked on top of it while they were both reading from other books. After a few moments of reading they would write down something on a notebook.