Chapter 10: The Title of Monster

Acnologia stood quietly to the side as Ruby began to try and explain the previous night to Ironwood, Ozpin, and Glynda. He wasn't really listening as he had a splitting headache for some reason he didn't really know. He didn't even know he could get headaches.

"-That will do Miss Rose. Why don't you return to your team and prepare for your mission today."

"Thats it?" Ruby asked with curiosity and a little shock. "Thats it." Ozpin told her. Ruby blinked twice before she looked over the other teachers, Acnologia included, before she nodded again and quickly left, hitting the same button in the elevator over and over several times as if doing so would make the machine move faster. The doors shut at this and Acnologia let out a low groal as he reached up and held his head.

"Acnologia? Are you alright?" The mage moved his hand away from his face as he turned to see his fellow teachers staring at him, specificly Glynda, with concern. "Just a headache, I'm fine. Have we made a decision on what mission I will be going on yet?" Acnologia asked as he walked towards Ozpin's desk.

"Well, the only reasonable mission for a team to shadow you on would be a recon focused search and destroy mission with small level engagements." Ozpin said looking from the dragon slayer to the General,"That is the only thing your scans picked up around Mount Glenn, right James?" Ironwood nodded,"A few packs of Beowulves and a few herds of Goliaths should be all you might have to deal with."

"Nothing to exciting then, maybe a stray Ursa or Death Stalker might make things interesting for me." Acnologia moved closer to the table,"When do the missions start?" Ozpin looked at his computer, checking the time before he answered with a smile. "In an hour." The mage's head looked down as a pale aura surrounded him, as if he was ill.

Glynda and Ironwood exchanged glances while Ozpin only grinned,"I'll never get to sleep again....whhhyyyy...." The dragon slayer mumbled before he turned around and walked towards the elevator,"Whhhhhyyyyyyy...."

-Team RWBY's Dorm-

The four girls of Team RWBY were standing over the newest addition to their room, the small dog that Ruby and Yang's father sent in the mail, Zwei. While Blake was hissing at the small canine from her top bunk a knock came from their dorm's door.

"I'll get it, Yang look for his food!" Ruby shouted from behind the door before she opened it to find Acnologia standing with his usual stoic pressence,"Oh, Hi professor! How can we help you?" The mage went to speak only for a loud rumble to be heard as Ruby leaned back and Acnologia peeked his head in to find Zwei burried under a pile of cans.

"......What.....is.....that...?" Acnologia asked as he noticed the small dog which immediatly looked up at him and then proceed to allow his tongue hang from the side of his head. "Oh, thats Zwei he's our do-"

Acnologia didn't quite hear the last bit of that as Blake leaped from her bed, onto the desk next to it, and then onto his shoulders where she hissed again at the small canine. "Its a demon sent from hell!" Everyone in the room looked at the fearful faunus as Zwei uncovered himself and ran up to Acnologia's leg and then propped himself up on it with his front paws and then barked happily as it stared up at them.

"Awe he likes you." Yang spoke up as Acnologia looked down at the dog with a confused look on his face. He reached up and plucked Blake from his head and tossed her back onto her bed,"This little creature isn't afraid of me?" Acnologia asked out loud before he bent down to the dogs height,"Zwei is afraid of no one!" Ruby cried out happily.

"You don't fear me?" The mage asked the dog to which he responded with a loud bark,"Hm...."

"He's so brawve isn't he?!" Weiss spoke up with what Acnologia had heard the kids call 'An UWU face'. "You alright professor, you look kinda strange, like Zwei chewed on your hair while you were sleeping." Yang said to which Acnologia instinctively rubbed through part of his hair,"He did that?"