Chapter 4: New Teacher, Old Teaching

It had been full week and Acnologia had completely recovered and was back to full strength. After his first full day in Glynda's combat class last friday, he was given a room in the teachers section of the dorm rooms. He was directly across from her own room. Though he did not become an actual teacher until today, he still spent the majority of his time inside Glynda's class room getting to know each of the classes and which combat category they were being taught, or he was in the library learning about the world he found himself in.

Before he, wouldn't have even considered being in a place like this, led alone teaching, but something about his recent loss to the son of Igneel made him question something. The fire dragon slayer defeated him because he had friends and family helping him. People he held dear and wanted to protect. It was that push, that need which allowed Natsu Dragneel to defeat him. If Acnologia could gain strength by protecting something and gaining some kind of.....connection here, it would be worth the try. If it didn't work the dragon slayer could just move on and find something else. Teaching also brought Anna joy, perhaps it could do the same to him.

But for now the dragon slayer was making his way to Glynda's, and now his, class room. His first day would be an interesting from nine A.M. to four P.M. While normally he would help with classes ranging from basic tournament style combat to unarmed combat, all of which he was a master of due to his years of experience, but today would not be like that.

He arrived to find the class room empty with the exception of Glynda who was arranging something on her tablet. Today may have been his first day, but it wouldn't be spent in the class room. Today was a first year field trip back to the forest he found himself in upon his arrival in Remnant, the Forever Fall forest.

Glynda looked up from her tablet,"Acnologia, good to see your here early." The dragon slayer stepped inside the class room,"I was to understand that, as a teacher, I am required to be here early. It seems as though I was not early enough." Glynda put her tablet on her desk before looking at her watch,"We don't leave for another few hours, your plenty early." The dragon slayer shook his head,"I am to assist you. You are here, I was not. So I am late."

Glynda looked at him in suprise, not quite expecting that. Over the past few days Acnologia realized that he had lost his drive upon leaving Earthland. No dragons to slay, no dragon slayers to hunt. This job gave hin a purpose again, and he wanted to fill it.

The dragon slayer looked up at the display to see himself dodging a various series of attacks from team CFVY. He recalled seeing Glynda being worried for them afterwards.

"You and this team seem....close. I hope your alright with them getting a little hurt." Glynda shook her head,"They can handle themselves, but yes we are....close. Coco is quite endearing, you will either like her or hate her."

"What of the faunus? Velvet was it?" Acnologia asked her, keen to see how she sees faunus kind. Despite all the time he spent in the class with her, he rarely engaged in conversations prefering to watch and listen to the others to get a sense of what he had gotten himself into. As a result he knew little of Glynda, except for the fact that she was strict on her students something that he could respect. While he was now some what social, he still preffered solitude over company or at least he prefered very few people in his company when he was not inside a class room.

"She is....shy, but she is a fine student. Though I do feel sorry for her because of what people like Cardin tend to put her and her kind through." Glynda said,"Why do you ask?"

Acnologia looked at her,"Only curious of what you thought of our kind." Glynda looked at him quizzically,"Your kind?" The dragon slayer moved his arm from under is cloak showing his scaled draconian markings, which shined under the sunlight from a nearby window. He then gestured to the markings on his face before slipping his hand back into his cloak. Glynda's eyes were wide, Ozpin had never revealed that to her and Acnologia rarely engaged in conversations that were about himself with her. "I was unaware that you were-"