Chapter 6: One Problem to the Next

A few weeks had passed since Acnologia had started to help out his students. Jaune had grown in his ability as a Huntsman by leaps and bounds in the short few weeks and Team CRDL were finally getting along with their classmates as well as operating as a team much more effectively. During a short sparring match, they nearly defeated team JNPR but Pyrrha still seemed to be out of all the students league. Cardin had grown as well, shaking hands with Pyrrha at the end of the match and congratulating her instead of plotting to have Rapier Wasps attack her. Or so Acnologia hoped.

However the school was in a bit of a flux right now. Classes had ceases for a few days due to other teams from the other three schools beginning to show up for the Vytal Tournament leaving Acnologia to his own devices for the short while that he wouldn't be teaching. And right now, he was taking Ozpin's advice and he was exploring the city of Vale.

-Earlier, The Docking Area-

Acnologia stood at the side of the schools docking bay entrance as he watched ship after ship bring in students of all kinds from the other three Academies. Ozpin found his way next to him and they both began to talk as the students filed in.

"A magnificent thing isn't it? To see so many young faces trying to help make the world a better place." Ozpin asked his fellow teacher. "I still have withdraws of having children fight, but yes it is nice to see them doing something of their own volition rather than having been forced down this path."

"This time of year always brings a smile to my face. It makes me proud to be a teacher here." Ozpin said, waving to some of the students who recognized him from previous tournaments.

"I've only been here a short time, but it does have a certain appeal to it. But I have the feeling you came to talk about something other than my pride as a teacher here." Acnologia told Ozpin as he turned to the white haired headmaster.

Ozpin laughed as he was found out,"Always straight to the point. Its nothing of importance of course, it just occurred to me that you've never ventured out of the school except to the Forever Fall Forest on the one field trip. I only came to suggest that you should go out and see the city of Vale and get comfortable with it."

Acnologia's face scrunched in confusion,"Why should I do that?" Ozpin tapped his staff against the floor under him. "This place will become mostly vacant for the better half of two weeks once Winter break hits and even more so during the Summer. You will need something, other than missions, to dull your boredom until the school season starts again after those long breaks and Vale is a great way to do that. You have another day or two until all the students arrive so I suggest that you go and explore the city. You may even find something you like there." Ozpin then held out a card to him. "Here, its called Lien. Its currency here in Remnant. Consider this an advancement on your first paycheck."

Acnologia took the card and looked it over,"This is currency? A simple card?"

"It connects to a banking system that holds all your money. Consider it a way to get easy access to all your money. Your first paycheck is a little over six hundred Lien. More than enough to get you anything you could want food wise for the better half of two or three days with the way you eat." Ozpin said with a laugh.

-Now, The City of Vale-

Acnologia looked up to the massive buildings that surrounded him. "Vale huh? What a strange place."

He continued down the streets of the city, until a loud voice caught his attention. The mages ears twitched and he decided to follow his curiosity to a gathering at the towns center. There was a soldier demonstrating something called "Atlesian Knights". Acnologia recognized the Atlesian part as being from the country of Atlas.