Chapter 5: Closer

The weekend began quietly with Acnologia sitting at a table in the library researching the history of Remnant in more depth.

After being told about a council that governs over the huntsmen academies like the Magic Council governed mages back in Earthland, Acnologia decided to dig deeper into Remnants history. This academic council seems to appoint headmasters to each of the four major schools who seemed to keep the smaller schools in check. It was interesting but something that Acnologia ultimately found pointless, until he found the information on the vytal tournament.

He flipped through pages of the history book until a certain red head and a certain blonde walked into the library. The mage looked up at them while they were conversing about something but only did so for a moment before looking back to his book.

"Soooooo what are we looking for?" Jaune aksed Pyrrha, who was looking up and down the shelves of books with her finger tracing over each one. "Old combat books. They have information on old knight tactics. You said that your weapons are hand-me downs from the war right? These books can give you a better idea on how to position yourself in battle."

Acnologia peered his eyes up from his own book to see her pulling book after book and piling them into Jaune's hands. He grumbled lightly before returning to his book once more. He was interrupted again a few minutes later when Jaune and Pyrrha dropped the old dusty books onto the table. A cloud of dust dispersed from where they dropped and went straight into Acnologia's face. The dragon slayer's nose twitched and he inhaled the dust.

"Ah-ah-ah..." Pyrrha looked over, finally noticing the long haired mage. "Oh, hello Professor I didn't see you ther-" Her conversation was ended by a....powerful sneeze,"AAAAAAHHHHHHHCHHHHOOOO!"

His sneeze sent a wave of air that flipped the table, Jaune, Pyrrha, the chairs they were sitting on, and the books they were going to read across the room. "Uhg, dust..." Acnologia muttered as he rubbed his nose. Jaune and Pyrrha creeped out from under the table which was now lodged between the floor and a bookshelf with wide eyes and scared expressions.

Acnologia walked towards them with the book closed in his hands and a blank expression on his face, like what he just did was normal. "You two alright?" They both groaned out for their answers. The dragon slayer grumbled before a magic circle appeared under the book and it disappeared. "My apologies, the dust went to my nose." The two students made a slight squeal of a breath. Acnologia laughed lightly before he picked the table up off them and placed it upright. Jaune and Pyrrha got up with the books that had went with them,"What kind of sneeze was that?" Jaune asked.

"A dragon's kind. Again I apologize, I should have warned you both." He told them helping pick up their books. "I assume you are the one helping Jaune with his training? How is it going?" He asked Pyrrha handing her the book he picked up. "Well enough for a day, he's quite motivated after yesterday. I have feeling you were the reason for that."

Acnologia tilted his head in a bowing like manner. "I will take partial credit for that, but most of that I, would hope, is his own motivations. You both are looking for old combat books for knights aren't you?" He asked motioning to the book he handed her. Jaune dropped the rest of the books onto the table,"Yeah, at first it was trying to find something like Pyrrha's but my weapons and armor are older and heavier than hers so that isn't gonna work." Jaune told him.

"You wouldn't be able to fight like her anyways." The dragon slayer told him, picking up one of the books and flipping it open. "Why not?" Jaune asked.

"Basic anatomy, your muscle structure is different from hers. You wouldn't be able to move into some of the proper forms." He told him flipping through the book,"And these are before modern firearms so they are basically useless by today's standards." Jaune's face dropped significantly. Acnologia tossed the book onto the table. "If you want to be effective in combat with that equipment, you need to find your own style. Start with the basics provided by Pyrrha or the books and then mold them into something all your own. In all honesty you should upgrade to a lighter and stronger material, if its possible."