Chapter 14: The Dragon King

Irene walked slowly around the outskirts of the School, her mind set on finding a fellow red head who was going through what probably was the worst moment of her life. Ozpin had already informed her of what had happen at the Festival and the truth behind it. So one could say she was even more upset that both she and the Mighty King let their prey escape.

Acnologia and Ironwood were on their way to talk to Yang, to calm her thoughts and to perhaps gain some insight in what the boy, Mercury , did. While they did that, it was her duty to make sure that Pyrrha would be alright. She had a while until she needed to participate in the final rounds and a little longer than that to make up her mind.

That, however, did not help Pyrrha or Irene. Thankfully, the red haired mage found who she was looking for but unfortunately it meant that she would have to interrupt what the poor girl was doing. Which of course looked something a kin to the after math of a date as Pyrrha was resting her head on Jaune's shoulder as the two held hands.

With a pang of guilt, Irene stepped closer to them making her presence known. Jaune was the first to react,"Professor Belserion, is there something we can do for you?" He asked innocently. Obviously Pyrrha kept everything a secret. What a good girl she was. "Forgive my interruption you two, but would be alright if I talked with Miss Niko's alone for just a few minutes?"

Jaune looked at Pyrrha, who for a few brief moments looked both pained and angry at Irene,"Pyrrha?" His teammate composed herself,"Its alright Jaune. Could you give us just a few minutes, please?" Jaune waited for a moment before he stood up,"I'll be just around the corner if you need me." He told her as he walked off, getting just out of ear shot. Irene was sure to make sure of that.

"What can I do for you know, Professor?" Pyrrha asked, obviously angry, afraid, and upset. Irene just sighed,"May I sit?" Pyrrha just nodded and the red haired mage sat down right after she did. "Please forget the formalities for a bit my dear, I just want to talk."

"Okay Profes- I mean Irene." The young girl said causing Irene to smile,"I want you to know that I'm not here to help you make a decision or to push you to one side or the other." Pyrrha looked at her teacher,"Then what exactly are you here for?"

Irene let out a breath as she set her staff on the ground next to her,"To maybe help you understand this all a bit better, or at the very least comfort you in some way." Immediately, Pyrrha went on the defensive,"Forgive me for this, but how could you comfort me in something like this? How could you know how I feel?"

The Mage sighed,"Because I went through something similar when I was....younger to say the least." Pyrrha's head cocked to the side,"Were you one of these candidates to?!" This caused Irene to laugh a bit,"No, No, No. My situation was....much stranger, with much more uncertainty in what could happen."

"What do you mean?" The younger girl asked her teacher, which caused her to breath out once more. "You know so much about....our extra duties Pyrrha, is it alright if I could entrust you with one more secret?" Pyrrha looked down at her hands,"I don't think anything else could hurt."

A smile graced Irene's face as she plucked her hat from her head and set it on her staff,"Tell me, how much do you know about Acnologia?" Pyrrha looked at Irene with a bit of confusion before she shrugged,"A lot less than I thought." She told her teacher, referring to their earlier meeting.

"But you know that he, I, and Anna all use magic. Right?" Pyrrha nodded in confirmation. "Do you know how?" Irene asked her causing the girl to lean back in confusion,"I can't say that I do." With a sigh, Irene lifted up her hand.

"Well see, where we are from magic is common placed. You can see it everywhere you look." The red haired mage's hand glowed red as a tile in front of them suddenly began to glow with the same red light as it was lifted into the air.