Chapter 1:

Angele's POV

I stepped out of the cool air conditioned car and into the hot, humid a Texas air. I was instantly greeted by the unforgiving rays, and beads of sweat rolled down my tan face. I turned to pop the truck but my mom had beaten me to it.

"Thanks." I muttered.

"Angele, I know you don't want to be here. But try to enjoy yourself."

"I'll try, but I make no promises." I fake smiled but it came out more like a grimace.

I closed the door and walked to the back of the small Ford Focus. I grunted as I lifted my large duffle bag out of the car. I dropped it on the ground, kicking up tons of dirt. I closed my eyes in an act to protect them from the small particles.

As I opened my eyes I noticed something that wasn't there when I closed them. There was a boy with longer dark brown hair that flopped into his eyes slightly, tan skin, thin lips, a larger nose, and stunning blue eyes the same shade as a husky puppy's. I jerked back, surprised by his sudden appearance.

"Sorry, didn't mean to scare you." The boy said in a slightly deep voice.

"You didn't scare me. Though you did startle me." I clarified.

"My mistake," he said sarcastically, "let me get that for you." He gestured to the bucket in my hands.

"Thanks, but I've got it."

"I know, but I feel weird not carrying a anything."

"Fine." I passed him the bucket receiving a grin of victory from him.

I rolled my eyes and picked up the duffle bag putting the strap over my shoulder. The boy cocked his head slightly, in disappointment. He took the strap and pulled it off my shoulder gently, and placed it on his own.

"I can handle it." I said.

"I know you can, I'm Hayes." He stuck out his hand.

"Angele." I said grasping his hand, it was smooth and slightly calloused. He shook my hand once before I let go.

"Pretty name."

"Thanks." I blushed.

"This is typically the time where you'd compliment me."

"I'll do it later."

"I'm counting on it." Hayes winked.

"So what cabin are you in?" I asked.

"You're kinda creepy, asking where I live, when I literally just met you."

"Not where you live just where you're staying."

"Orange. You?"

"Orange."

"That's convenient, now you don't have to travel far to kill me."

"I wouldn't kill you, might watch you sleep though..."

"See, creepy!"

I grinned.