Chapter 31:

*Angele's POV*

I set an alarm for early early the following morning. I was determined to see the stars one last time before I went back to the city. I slid out from under my blanket and walked quietly into the bathroom. I got dressed in the dark feeling for the tag on both my black leggings and white off the shoulder knit sweater. I did the process of pulling my hair up into a high ponytail, hoping it looked alright.

I made my way over the the boys cabin. I poked my head in trying to locate where Nash's bunk was. Luckily for me he was right next the door. I stepped inside and lifted up his small backpack. I peered inside and pulled out the keys. I placed the bag back against the wooden ladder and pushed the door open slightly. It creaked, causing me to flinch as Matthew stirred in his sleep. I slid out the crack I had made and ran up the stairs to where the golf cars were parked. My boot slowing me down.

I opened the door and jumped into the driver seat, making me appreciate when Hayes was there to help me in and out. I stuck the keys in the ignition and flinched as the car rumbled to life. I pulled out of the parking spot causing the gravel to crunch under the weight of the car. I made my way to the dirt path where Hayes had taken me up to the empty field a few days previous.
                       *******
I walked over to the large rock, careful not the squish the blue bonnets. I sat down on the rock adjusting myself so the jagged edges didn't jab into my upper thighs and butt. I tilted my head back and watched the clouds role across the sky, obscuring my view of the stars. A couple tears rolled down my face, I didn't bother wiping them away, knowing more were bound to fall.

I pulled my knees up to my chest and wrapped my arms around my shins. I buried my head into them. I closed my eyes and let the tears come. They burned my skin as they fell. I sat and cried for a bit. I cried for my dad, for myself and the stupid camp, and for Hayes who I was never going to see again after today.

I lifted my head and opened my eyes knowing they were red and puffy. I had an awful headache. This is why I hate crying. The sun was begging to rise making the sky turn various shade of pinks and purples.

I leaned over onto my left side and pulled out my phone from my pocket. I dialed the first person I knew could help me and would be awake. I waited.  The phone ringing.

"Hello?" The voice I was dying to hear rang out.

"Serena?" I said my throat raw and burning.